Join Shelby Forums Today

Goodyear marked Wheel Weights

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by War Bonnet, Sep 1, 2015.

1. War Bonnet

War Bonnet New Member

Hi All,

First post here! Question, can anyone place a value on "GOODYEAR" marked wheel weights for me. I have found several and told they were used on Shelby's. Is this true and what's there worth?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

Possible very early from 63-possible to early 65 production what with Shelby having a Goodyear tire franchise. Mid 65 on,the Shelby's had tires supplied to and mounted at Ford and would have most likely had the diamond brand Ford used. Not sure the value on the Goodyear marked ones . I think they are still in production but even if they were not they are not in demand from what I have seen.

3. War Bonnet

War Bonnet New Member

Hi Mr. Gaines,

Thank you for confirming the possibility that Goodyear wheel weights could have been used on the early cars, as you describe.

Can you explain further the "diamond brand" Ford used? Are you referring to a weight with a sideways diamond with the letters LH inside the diamond?

I have recently discovered and acquired over 600 lbs. of "vintage wheel weights". I'm attempting to return as many as possible to their rightful vehicle. Doing so, I have placed hundreds to be reinstalled on Concours judged cars.

As a surprise to me, there is a market for these Goodyear marked weights, as well as many of the other brands found in this lot.

Again, thank you for the help!

Best regards,

Kevin

4. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

The problem you are going to have with a generic post like this is that there were so many different "Goodyear" marked wheel weights. The same goes for the "Diamond" marked wheel weights.

Perhaps if you could take some well detailed pictures of them, we could then assist you in "finding the proper market" for them.

Otherwise, your generic post reads like "the sky is blue over my head, what shade of blue is it" :rolleyes:

Bill S.

5. 2+2=gt350

2+2=gt350 Active Member

Tried a PM no response, I have an interest, PM and I will send my Email.Thanks