Join Shelby Forums Today

Hello Merlin from Connecticut AKA as Mad Merl

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Merlin, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Merlin

Merlin Member

Well I saw my first Shelby pass us on the highway at 14 and i was hooked. I bought my 69 GT500 the day i graduated high school at 18. Two years later i bought a 67 GT500 that was burned. My blood is true blue oval. I had a 1971 Torina Cobra also. I had joined SAAC in the 1970's but got married and you know the story being put on hold. It's going to be 28 years since i hear the rumble of my 69 GT 500 running and i'm going to start iit soon. I'm actually gona come apart when it comes to life again. I joined first and formost for help with the detailing colors in the engine compartment and rear tail light are that is black. Nice to meet all you people. "Drivem like you stolem"

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Nice, welcome to the site

Since you are asking about the restoration details, you might also want to check the following two sites

saacforum.com

as well as

concoursmustang.com

Also, engine compartment details will depend on the last four digits of your VIN and when the car was produced, as the firewall details changed from a painted upper (above the pinchweld) to a blacked out upper some time in early 1969.

Bill S.

3. Merlin

Merlin Member

Thank you Bill for the references. By the way my Vin is #9F02R48(1151). I was told build date timeline was in December 1968. Does that sound about right?

4. mrmustang

Did you buy this car from Ray?

Maybe the chassis was produced at Ford in December 1968, what does your door data tag state?

This actually shows on a E&L Transport bill of laden as not being shipped to Larsen Ford (White Plains, NY) until 8/25/69

It was a replacement for the the original owner of 1074, who's car burned up due to an exhaust fire.
    (Given to the original owner in November 11, 1969).

Perhaps an email to the 69 Registrar at SAAC will give you more details.

The same goes for getting a deluxe Marti report.

Bill S.

5. Merlin

Merlin Member

That is all very true as i had my car appraised in 2003. I can't exactly remember but don't quote me i think it was by Vinny Liska in New Jersey. At the time Rick Kopec recommended him as the man to appraised it. Rick appraised it for my x-wife's attorney. Btw i'm Ray, i bought the car in 1973

6. mrmustang

Contact Vinny again for more information on your car as he is the 69 registrar.

Bill S.

7. Merlin

Merlin Member

Thank you Bill

8. mrmustang