Join Shelby Forums Today

what number csx do u have

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by csxt#10, Oct 31, 2005.

1. csxt#10

csxt#10 Member

89csx-vnt #28 restored with 68k miles
    89csx#228 under resto 130k miles
    sonn to be 89csx 77 42k miles recaros
    88 csxt#10 under resto

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

I had 89 CSX #222 until 10 October. It is now sold and is in Texas.

robin

3. Douglas Dircks

Douglas Dircks Member

#339 here. The car is nice but next week I'm trading off the 95 Bronco for a 65 Mustang with a 4 barrell 289 V8 in nice condition. Won't be driving the CSX much anymore, it will live a life next to the 86 GLHS!

The more I drive the Shelby's the more they break down. It seems I can't even get 500 miles out of one before something breaks.

Dependable rear wheel drive will be nice.

4. DeLa1Rob

Sounds like your Shelby has some British blood. You sure it isn't an MG :rolleyes:

Don't expect a 40 year-old Mustang to be any more reliable. Although that old tech is much easier to diagnose and repair.

robin

5. CSX375

CSX375 Well-Known Member

well . . . .

It is currently sitting in my folk's garage until I can replace the transmission, most of the electric, paint it, replace the tires, shocks, and buy and new decal set . . . . its going to be there a while.

jim

6. turbocsx

turbocsx Member

i have an 89 CSX # 211. It has approx 120k on it. Needs some work, but runs. Mostly interior work needed. some minor exterior stuff. Currently in the driveway, awaiting restoration. Although i am not actively trying to sell it, I would sell it for the right offer.

7. Abkshelby

Abkshelby Member

I have '89 CSX #253 with 34k on it.
    Also have '88 CSX-T with 192k on it and it still runs great.

8. CSX393

CSX393 Member

We have #393 bought it new in Portland Or.
    Recently purchased #229 and #333 at auction at a local twoing yard in Oregon. THey are both running cars that we are trying to find good homes for. Asking prices are $2200- $3500 each.
    Pete

9. CSX393

CSX393 Member

#393 1 owner, I bought it new in Portland
    55.ooo miles
    FWD computer
    3" exhaust no cat or mufflers
    MP racing studs, and nuts
    Recarros
    Motor Sport Racing intake (cone)
    Accel coil and wires
    real wheels, 205-55-15
    1" Caravan master cylinder

10. turbocsx

turbocsx Member

89 csx-vnt #211. i am considering selling it... 125k, runs. missing front air dam of course! my wife has been eyeballing it lately, so i think it might have to go. I also have an 88 Trans-am 5.7tpi with 55,000 miles on it. so, one has to go unfortunately.

11. DeLa1Rob

Easy choice. Get rid of the Pontiac and keep the Shelby.

The air dams are still available from Kaminari. So it wouldn't take much to get the CSX looking aggressive again.

robin

12. csx267

csx267 Member

i just got csx-vnt # 267 no rust runs over 100k missing one fiberides and the front and rear bumper covers also needs carpet seat rips repaired and a steering wheel. but i have high hopes for her and hopefully will have it restored by next summer.

13. turbocsx

turbocsx Member

cool. i decided i am going to keep the shelby and sell the trans-am. i have more fun driving the shelby than the t/a. so, once i do the brakes, i am going to put it up for sale. good luck with yours. you should be able to get the parts you need. i called kaminari, and they have the molds and can produce the oem parts needed. i am going to order the front air dam as soon as i sell the t/a. (actually, i am ordering 2 and i have someone else who wants to order 1, so i guess i will be ordering 3) what state are you in?

14. csx267

csx267 Member

i live in mn i have found a steering wheel and a fiberide now i just need to save some cash and get the front bumper cover and the seats redone the hard part is finding the rear bumper cover. then paint and a set of repo decals.

15. turbocsx

turbocsx Member

yeah, i need a new steering wheel as well. the leather is pretty shot on mine. i'm a few months from getting anything though. i need to concentrate on my other car so i can sell it.

16. csx267

csx267 Member

whats youre other car?

nevermind i had a brain fart youre other car is a trans am i read that before.

17. DC Turismo

DC Turismo New Member

As of June 6, 2007, I am the proud new owner of 1989 CSX-VNT #414! :dance:

It took me over 20 months of up and down talks with the previous owners, but she's home now! :)

[​IMG]

Looking for a set of Recaros, the 'CSX' nameplate for the dash:
    [​IMG] (mine is missing), as well as any other spare parts you folks may have lying around that would be helpful for my restoration project! :thumbup:

18. 87CSX674

87CSX674 New Member

I own 87 CSX #674 ~ Currently being rebuilt cause of a engine fire...

19. racer-xerols

racer-xerols New Member

89 CSX #135, ex-magazine car, 2 options, show quality. Original gatorbacks still on the car, 46k miles. S60 VNT, Ed Peters ported/polished/ceramic coated intake, 2.5" exhaust with cat, ported G head. CS autograph on dash from VIR in 2001.

Also have 87 CSX #133, engine in the garage for a rebuild. 2.5, S70 garrett, A568 trans, 2.5" exhaust no cat or muffler, original paint (bad), straight with no rust. All Shelby bits are there. "Eventual restoration".

And the last one on the "eventual restoration" list is an 86 GLHS. I think #411 but I'd have to check, it's been in the garage for ages. All bits are there, doors are rusty, no exhaust, siezed brakes, dead starter and fuel pump, and I think 80k original miles. "I'll get to it", LOL.

I also have copies of all the SD VIN lists if anyone has a car without a plaque, I'll be happy to match it up for you.

20. 87CSX674

87CSX674 New Member

Who's your source? I need to get one of those for a project im doing to locate all I can and hopefully provide some help to the guys at shelbyregistry.com:thumbsup: