Join Shelby Forums Today

Lawsuit against a Ford dealer for charging over $140k as dealer prep-fee for Ford GT

Discussion in 'GT40 & Ford GT' started by ColdwaterHotRod, Oct 30, 2005.

Do you agree with this lawsuit against the FORD Dealer?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2005.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. ColdwaterHotRod

ColdwaterHotRod Well-Known Member

This article is from the Blue oval news website & I thought it was interesting. Wonder if any of this will happen when the New 2007 Mustang Shelby GT 500 comes out?

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2008
  2. Seaweed

Seaweed Well-Known Member

IMO if he ORDERED the car from the dealer,& when the car came in, then the car belongs to the one who is purchasing it. On the other hand, if the dealer had the car on HIS LOT, then you could say that the car belongs to the dealer, & he could charge , what ever he wants. In this case the dealer was acting as an agent for the buyer between the manufacture & his dealership.---S.

3. kr03760

kr03760 Member

He should of kissed his dealer and waited. Look what they are selling for now. Saw one in Pitt. Pa traded in on a Ferrari for 140K. 500 mile car. 0 mile cars on ebay no reserve for 155. The way I look at it. Dealer can charge what ever. MSRP is not a set #. Look how many will pay top dollar for the new Shelby.

4. ColdwaterHotRod

ColdwaterHotRod Well-Known Member

I say if a dealer agrees to only charge you additionally for a dealer prep fee & history shows in written documents from past transactions with that dealership clearly shows that the dealer prep fees ranged between $100 to $500 it should be held to the law of the courts.

Why should any dealer be allowed to instantly change his mind once a car arrives & decides to charge you more for only one make & model of car you choose?

Now had the dealer told him up front that the prep fee was going to be “X” number of dollars upfront with lots of zero's added on I would say all information was given upfront honestly & the purchaser was totally informed of the final cost? But this doesn't seen to be the case. :noway:

I say let all New/Used car dealers beware that us consumers are not going to stand for the old BAIT-N-SWITCH trick anymore & they need to shake the old image of being greedy crooked car dealers. :guns:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005