Join Shelby Forums Today

Fuel bowl brass

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by woodsnake, Apr 4, 2015.

1. woodsnake

woodsnake Member

I tried to search, but didn't find my answer-I recently acquired a 4118 Holley, that came with the Lemans fuel bowls. However, the previous owner didn't use the correct fuel line. The steel line is the easy part. I would like to find out if there is a common brass solution?
    Thanks!

2. woodsnake

woodsnake Member

To answer this question, if anybody else doesn't know, it was a 1/4 inch into 1/8 compression fitting. Unless I have problems getting the brass to seat, it should be an inexpensive, permanent solution.

3. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

FYI 4118 came with center hung bowls and did not come with Lemans bowls from Holley. The 3259 list S2MS 9510 A carb came with lemans bowls which is what you may be thinking of . The 4118 is a service replacement carb for a 68 GT350 . The 4118 never came on a Shelby from the factory. Someone may have switched bowls to make a look a like carburetor .

4. woodsnake

woodsnake Member

Thanks for the carb ID info. I will leave the Le Mans bowls on the carb, and keep it as a 'clone'....I have a few complete carbs with those bowls already, I guess I just like the looks!

Attached Files:

5. Bob Gaines

Yes you better like the looks as long as you have to put up with the difficulty of adjusting the float level. ;)

6. woodsnake

woodsnake Member

7. Bob Gaines

You are missing the fact that there is no easy way to confirm fuel level changes over time or if needle and seat is working properly other then disassembling the bowls unlike the easy confirmation with the sight holes on the later Holley carb bowls. ;)