Join Shelby Forums Today

Palos Verdes Concours Sept. 14th, has Shelby Cars class

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by bitzman, Sep 8, 2014.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

This is a 200 car event set on a beautiful golf course (Trump National) on the tip of Palos Verdes peninsula. If you don' t know about that, it's a peninsula that sticks out into the ocean south of Redondo Beach. This concours has some pretty nice cars, some in the million dollar and up class, and is a sort of Pebble Beach type, in that it is on the ocean at a golf course. The entrance fee for spectators is under $50. They might even have some openings for cars, I'd look for their website (be sure to go to Palos Verdes concours 2014). They also have a touring event the day before, which anybody and watch for free, and a kick off banquet the evening before with a Silent auction of donated items. The list of classes shows they have a Shelby related class though I am not sure if it is all inclusive--check with the website. If you never made Pebble Beach (which cost over $200 now for a spectator) this gives much the same feel at a fraction of the price.
    PS don't bring your nice car if you are a spectator, you might have to park in a dirt lot.

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Did you go? How was it? Beautiful setting but I have never been. Carroll went to the event a couple times.
    Randall