Join Shelby Forums Today

Not Shelby Mustang, but does anybody remember a Bob Peak designed Mustang in 1970?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by bitzman, Jul 30, 2014.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

I like his clothing illustrations back in the day, when he would sneak a sports car into an ad for gabardine slacks. I found out more recently he was famous for movie posters and even did them for the films "LeMans" and "Grand Prix." Then he got bit by the sports car bug and after owning his own Maserattis, Ferraris, lamborghinis, designed some cars with Coco Chinetti, basically rebodied Ferraris.

But only yesterday when I saw a book called Bob Peak written by his son did I realize he designed a Mustang for Ford in 1970 and an electric car called the Mia.
    I wonder if anyone who knows Ford Styling back then remembers if Ford actually commissioned the cars or if Peak did them on spec; anyway he went back to illustrating, maybe because you can do a drawing for an ad a lot faster than wait for a car you designed to reach production.
    Now that I've seen the totality of his works I might frame one of his drawings, he really set a style that was even imitated on the graphics for the Mad Men TV show intro.