Join Shelby Forums Today

Buying 08 gt500 need help!!!

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by mthwsgvn, Jul 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mthwsgvn

mthwsgvn New Member

Well, Im 20 years old, and ive been looking at purchasing my first actual car... and i was looking at buying a 2013 5.0 GT for 29k. After taxes and all id be paying about 32k. It had 12,000 miles on it, but was lacking some of the stuff i wanted. Well, i ran into an old buddy of mine with an 08 gt500 with thousands of dollars done on it. Seriously is a beautiful car. A dream car. Has 31 thousand miles, and 650 hp. Hes selling it to me for 33 thousand flat.. Which is in my price range. Issue is i drive about 50 miles a day from home to work. My only concern is how well this car is going to do over 100 thousand miles. This will be my daily driver, and i want to make sure it will handle it. Help me with my decision please.

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but at 20 years old, I would have killed myself in a car with 650HP, and I had already taken several professional (Bertil Roos and Bondurant) driving schools. :eek:

Bill S.

3. mthwsgvn

mthwsgvn New Member

Yeah, i definitely dont take that the wrong way. Its just, hard to pass up i reckon. I know the smarter thing to do would be to buy the 5.0 but, its a gt500...

4. mambeach

mambeach Member

Ok your not going to want to hear this but u asked , this is toooooo much car for you Bro !! Besides you can`t use this for a Daily driver
    stick to the girly GT for now ,get the GT 500 after you learn about 650 HPS this will be your change of like car when your older, Lol

5. dc-dd

dc-dd Well-Known Member

That Girly mustang Gt you speak of will run in the low to mid 13,s in the quarter bone stock and that's darn near faster than almost all the old muscle cars from the 60 and 70,s :thumbup:

Dominic

6. mambeach

mambeach Member

Hey Dom , Don`t get all offensive on me this is my point these is NO comparison power wise from a GT to GT500 especially if your saying
    it has work done .Its like comparing a Sportster to a Fat boy ! Unless you have driven some with a supercharger or NOS you can`t understand what I`m mean. There is nothing wrong owning a Mustangs at your age , and Its probably will give some of those old sleds a good look .
    Good luck with your hunt .