Join Shelby Forums Today

Hello from New Jersey!! Who owns Shelby GT350 serial# SFM55193?

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by aurelio, Jul 10, 2014.

1. aurelio

aurelio Member

Greetings members!
    I have for sale some extremely rare and great documentation for the 1965 Shelby GT350 car serial #SFM55193 that was originally purchased on July 12, 1965... Documentation includes the original GT350 blue owners manual (with back registration perf still attached!!), also have the original complete packet of the "No Spin" differentials operators manual for the GT350 Silent Type.,, also have the original Virginia State Police Inspection Certificate for 3 years, also have the Jack Gibbons repair receipt for clutch linkage repair, also have the tire receipt for a set of 4 new tires, also have the first printing of "high performance equipment owners manual form 7822-65........This is a rare opportunity to own a piece of history of one the few unrestored GT350's left in the world...

I would prefer that these documents go with the original car, so if that party contacts me, they would get first dibs, however if you feel compelled, by all means send me a private message with an offer..regards!!
    ..and thanks for looking....

2. rickmustang

rickmustang Member

3. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

Long time forum member interested in the literature for 5S291 . Do you have a price in mind or are you considering offers? You can PM me or use the email in my profile. Thank you.

4. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

I hope you are able to reunite the lit with 5S193 with that said the 35K you have told others you want for the paperwork is more then I want to invest in it . Thank you.

5. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

I hope that the documents go to the current owner as well as you hoped. You might want to contact the 1965 GT350 Registrar to find if the can put you in contact with the current owner of the car.

1965-66 Shelby Howard Pardee ...
    ... -66registrar@saac.com

6. aurelio

aurelio Member

thanks for that! I will try it....my brother had owned this car for over 15 years and hardly drove it.....I remember my niece used to pick at the stripes on the hood when the 350 was parked in the garage.....he was a mechanic and bought the car from the original owner.....wifey made him sell it....I checked on Ebay.. they are getting like $20K for Ferrari owner manuals....I dont want to see the GT350 get outdone by a Ferrari 365!! LOL.......

7. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Your 35K asking price is about $33K over what the market will bear...........:rolleyes:

So, where in NJ are you located (as I show you in Hickory, NC at last glance), as I'll be in Warren next week and might want to inspect these items if I have the chance.

8. aurelio

aurelio Member

Absolutely!! I never would expect anyone in their right mind to pay that much! But I wanted to shake up the tree and the only way to do that is to come up with a crazy figure, right? So what happened was that one of the sales guys on this site got ruffled and told all his friends and now I'm getting some insight into how this forum operates and what to expect going forward....and whom to stay away from....what the market is, and what the market will bear, right? The sales guy told me that "there is no difference in value between a car with its original manual and a car without it" Somehow what he said doesn't make sense to me...or maybe he was trying to lowball me or get me to bring the price down so he in turn can resell it later at a higher price...very cool dude this guy.......wow.....So like I said, I want to hold the stuff for the current owner and maybe if he has someone pave my driveway, I will just give him the documents as a thank you......I beleive the car is now worth $300K or so...or it was bought close to that figure...but I will never be privy to that info... .^_^

9. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Here's a suggestion. Instead of trying to "shake the tree" why dont you just be honest and put an honest price on it? What you have done is alienated many potential customers.

It's yours and you can ask what you like, but you have started off looking totally clueless.

Try a no reserve eBay auction. If they were from my car and you tried to pull that stunt, you would be keeping them and driving on the same driveway for years to come. I would agree its "nice to have" but it doesnt really change the value of the car. I certainly wouldn't give up the farm for them.

I can tell you where the car is. My price is $3,000 for the information. You would pay a stock broker for help, why not a knowledgeable Shelby person? I noticed you didnt think twice about asking for something for free. The Shelby circles are small and once you piss someone off, word gets around.

10. aurelio

aurelio Member

...Is a person is not "honest" because they are trying to determine something's value? I never said anything that was a lie....Alienate? I'm not here to make busom buddies, if people can't lighten up, it's on them not me.....Clueless? maybe....it's kind of hard to determine something of value that is associated with a prized vehicle..Also, I really believe having the original doocumentation really does add to the value of the vehicle..by what percentage, I don't know...Also, the only person's advice i trust is my mother, and she's dead..I want these documents to be sold to the current owner, that would be very cool, but if he feels that they are not necessary, then they will be up for grabs...I dont want to rip anyone off and neither do I want to get ripped off...just hard to determine value of something that is part of history and a handful of un-restored GT's...Please keep this thread civil....thanks for everyone's comments.....have a great day!

11. mrmustang

I'll ask again, where in NJ can these items be reviewed and inspected?

Or are you in Hickory, NC as I suspect?

Bill S.

12. aurelio

aurelio Member

I recently after 60 years living in NJ , I retired to western new york close to Erie Pa...but in my head, Im still in NJ LOL .I really should put together some detailed pix....as I'm new to this site. I'm tryng to figure out how to post a picture....

13. mrmustang

Great, I may be in Jamestown in two weeks, how close are you to there?

14. aurelio

aurelio Member

very close see my message i sent

15. aurelio

aurelio Member

Hi Rick .. I will give you a shout if I dont hear from the current owner of this car.. hang tight.. thanks