Join Shelby Forums Today

First Post and First Shelby

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by RBarkley, Jun 24, 2014.

1. RBarkley

RBarkley New Member

Greetings everyone. My name is Ronald Barkley. As of Saturday, I am the proud owner of #861 - 1967 Shelby GT 500. I purchased the car from Mr. Steve Clifford, who after four decades of ownership decided to sell the car to me. The Shelby was last registered in the state of MA in 1978. I look forward to the camaraderie of other Shelby owners and learning more about my car. First question, the steering wheel was in the trunk. It is wood and has made in Italy on the back with SECURA and F.I.V. on the front. Is that original?
    Cheers,
    Ron

2. 67_1183

67_1183 Member

Congratulations and welcome.

I have #1183 which was completed at San Jose 1 day later than yours. By VINs, both are GT500 with automatics, Nightmist blue with black interior. I have had mine for 38 years and love it. Don't drive it as much as I used to, but I am working to correct that.

As there are variations, post some pictures of the your steering wheel and the experts will say if it is period correct. Also, post some pics of the car!

JG

3. RBarkley

RBarkley New Member

Thanks JG for the response. I just ordered all the build info etc from the 67 registrar, so I have no idea about build dates etc. I did post
    some pics in member galleries - rbarkley. The car has a small block and 4 speed with 350 stripes. The previous owner made the changes when he purchased the car (wrecked) and could not afford the big block. Body and undercarriage in great shape.

4. 67_1183

67_1183 Member

Until Dave M. responds, here is some info on #861:

Completed 1/25/67 at San Jose
    Completed 3/15/1967 at SAI
    Shipped 3/27/1967 to Wilmington Ford, Wilmington, MA.

I checked out your gallery. I really like those louvered hoods.

I have tried to attach a pic of #1183 on a U-Haul trailer.

JG

DSCN0463_v2.jpg

5. 1 Alibi

1 Alibi Member

Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the new ride.