Join Shelby Forums Today

10% Overdrive Pulley on 08 GT500 questions

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by Lifter583, May 23, 2014.

1. Lifter583

Lifter583 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, I am looking for thoughts on installing a 10% overdrive pulley on My 08 GT500. I have a 2.6 pulley on the stock Eaton, Breenspeed tuning, port & polished stock TB and elbow, JLT 110mm CAI with double sized Amsoil dry air filter & a larger intercooler tank. All fuel delivery and MAF is stock. This car is my PRIDE and JOY...I don't get it wet or blast it pass after pass down a track. I drive it around town and on road trips in the Northwest on NICE DAYS LOL...I do like to WOT it once in awhile in short bursts, or when a Ricer gives me crap! My question is, what will the downside (I know about the heat issues) or potential problems of adding the 10%. I mostly just want to have the capability of it's dyno numbers to talk about...I pop it in a show now and then, so the numbers always look good on the writeup...It is not worth it to me to have a little extra bragging level if it will possibly compromise my car..so please let me know any thoughts THANKS!