Join Shelby Forums Today

Hello From Long Island, NY !

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Carz4ever, May 20, 2014.

1. Carz4ever

Carz4ever New Member

Hello To all, My name is Tom,Im 56yo. And have wanted a Shelby for as long as I can remember. I went to a show at the local dealer last year and came close to trading in my 2010 Subaru STi . But after running it by the wife she was like , before you spend 60 grand on a car , I want a new kitchen. So much for that and started to save for the kitchen, and paid off my STi 2 mos.ago. Unfortunately my wife came down with a rare form of cancer in Nov 13 and passed away on me last month. Well after speaking to lady friend of ours and our real estate person she advised me not to spend 30-50k on a kitchen if I'm not staying,and I cant ! So next year Ill be selling it. So with 30 k saved I really need something my wife was not a part of. So now to make a real long story short I found a 2012 race red Shelby at my local chevy dealer with 445 miles on it and grabbed it. This car is beyond what I ever imagined and is making me feel like a kid again, but without the deep pockets tou need for this beast. I spent over 250.00 in gas the first two weeks i had it LOL. So I am here trying to learn as much as I can about my new play thing. Any helpful advise will be great as I will be here sucking up as much info as I can. So here she is. Thanks in advance..

Tommy

DSC_5896.jpg
    DSC_5903.jpg
    DSC_5912.jpg
    DSC_5894.jpg

2. fcettner

fcettner Member

Welcome - nice ride.

3. 1 Alibi

1 Alibi Member

Welcome to the site, a 12 with less than 500 miles is a great find, best of luck with it..