Join Shelby Forums Today

67 Shelby Clone, remove fenders and nose as one piece??

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by unreal67, Mar 9, 2014.

1. unreal67

unreal67 New Member

I've been reading posts for a long time, and while I don't have a real Shelby, I am trying to make a clone/tribute car that looks like one on the outside and has all the performance and creature comfort upgrades I would never consider doing to a real Shelby... This website has been a great source of information. I need to remove my nose to install the headlight brackets and am wondering if anyone has removed the fenders and nose as one assembly or do I need to just bite the bullet and remove the nose by itself? It was so much work getting it lined up correctly and now that the car is painted I really am looking for the easiest way to install the headlight buckets without messing with the body lines. Any advice? Thanks, Mike...

2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Unreal...I am not sure what a "real Shelby" is in the context of your statement?

I thought it was a car built by Shelby in the 1960s.

In other words, you couldn't build one if you tried.

3. unreal67

unreal67 New Member

What I was trying to say is that I wouldn't ever try to upgrade an original Shelby, I'm making my car a fake Shelby on the outside with modern interior and driveline components.