Join Shelby Forums Today

owner gt350H

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by bodycustom1, Mar 7, 2014.

1. bodycustom1

bodycustom1 New Member

newbie to forum
    I was cruisin the web and entered the vin on my 66 gt350H
    6S1833 and it comes up owned by some body else????
    I would like to see the shelby plate from this guy I KNOW mine is original!!!
    anyone else run into this problem????

2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

It sounds like you might also have a legal problem. The history of the car is the most important thing. You may need to find an expert to evaluate your vehicle throughly. Have you contacted the Shelby American Automobile Club? They track the histories of all vintage Shelbys. Time to get your ducks in a row.

Are you sure the information you looked at isnt a previous owner of your vehicle? Is your car original or restored?

The reference I see online indicates 6S1833 is a survivor car. That should make it easier to determine authenticity. The cars authenticity is not determined solely by who has the VIN plate, but rather anumber of things including its history.

3. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

When did you buy it?

Who did you buy it from?

Have you removed a pop rivet and seen the Ford VIN under the Shelby tag located on the drivers side front inner fender panel?

If you have that VIN, contacting the SAAC Registrar for your year car would be the next step to proving or disproving proper ownership.

Bill S.

4. bodycustom1

bodycustom1 New Member

greetings
    my pop bought several H shelby's back in the 60s from Hertz. I'm going to get the original papers from my brother in law, I sold the car to him back in the mid 80s. the car has been in at my shop since around 2005, my pop had this 1 since the 70s i got it from him sometime aroundin the late 70s, he had it in a barn in mt zion, I had it for years sittin in a shed at my house till I sold it to john my brother in law sometime around mid 80s .
    About a month ago i finally bought it back, I didnt know the guy my pop wound up gettin it back from but his dad was our mailman for years when i was growin up whitey huber. the car has been stored inside probably 90 % of the time since i owned it and i still stored it after sold to john. i'm goin to restore it and try to get done for my wife s birthday at end of july. IMG_5853 (2).jpg

5. bodycustom1

bodycustom1 New Member

greetings
    i got this car from my pop
    he bought it directly from hertz
    I have had car in my shed -shop under MY roof for over 30 years

gr

6. mrmustang

I see a picture of a Shelby VIN plate, and a young child, but nothing else. If you have the car under your shop, feel free to private message me the Ford VIN that was under the Shelby plate and I'll get it confirmed (or not) as the one matching that Shelby number. Clones have been around since the early 70's, so I'll be doubtful until the Ford VIN is seen

7. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

8. mrmustang

Pete,

I was going to call Howard direct with it, but having the OP fill out the form on SAAC.com is just as good B)

Bill S.