Join Shelby Forums Today

New Member SE Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Bruce Smith, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Bruce Smith

Bruce Smith New Member

Hi, new member here from a small town in SE Virginia on the Chesapeake Bay. Into Cobras and the wife finally gave the OK :thumbsup: to start looking to purchase a used CSX4000 or Superformance.

Being an 'original Detroiter' and growing up cruising Woodward in the 60's (in fact missed Dream Cruise yesterday) all muscle cars are great. In fact had a few myself then, 66 GTO, 68 Charger RT (383) plus other unique cars.

A few years ago I got to meet "the man" at VIR's opening. Shelby and Superformance both had displays there and it gave me the itch big time.

So here I am :)

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Great to have you on board Bruce. Let us know how your search progresses.
    Randall

3. Bruce Smith

Bruce Smith New Member

:thumbsup: Finally did it, took delivery of a solid black Superformance #1222. 351W. Tremec 5 spd. Weather has been nice so I have been enjoying. Later.

4. daltondavid

daltondavid Well-Known Member

Cruise easy and watch that baby as they get away from you when you least expect it!! Welcome aboard!

5. doc

doc Well-Known Member

Congrats. I also own a SPF # 1249. Great Car !! Also may want to join the Superformance Owners Forum (SCOF) to meet other owners. I live in Northern Va. and am a member of both the Shelby Club (SAAC) and Capitol Region Cobra Club. Next summer is the big VIR fling so if I were you, I would not wait for SAAC to publish their convention details. Everything will be booked up by then as I know the Maryland, Northern Va and Carolina Cobra and Shelby groups will be out in full force. Maybe I will see you there or if you got a spare week-end, cruise up to Northern Va. We meet every Sat Rain or Shine for the Grease Up (Breakfast) at the Vienna Inn in Vienna Va. (0730-0900). Lots of Cobras come out and you will meet a great bunch of guys.

Doc

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2005