Join Shelby Forums Today

Can we really kiss this '65 Mutang fastback goodbye? car built for Edsel Ford II

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by bitzman, Jan 7, 2014.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, it's Mustang, not Mutang.

The same day I find these beautiful pictures of a clone for a in-period '65 GT350 (except for the striping) on the website

http://67mustangblog.com/2014/01/a-...istmas-the-story-of-edsel-ford-iis-first-car/

I find out the car was borrowed by a friend of Edsel's and destroyed. Now I suppose if your family owns the factory making Mustangs, it was far easier to make another car than it would be to repair the destroyed one so maybe it wasn't saved. I wonder if the car took shape after Edsel II had worked for Shelby or hadn't he worked there yet? I notice the styling dept. photos (I recognize the curtains and the little blocks they used to identify the date the picture was taken) was 6-9-65.

Anyway it would be interesting if the car had Shelby mechanical parts as well as styling cues or a K-code engine, but most important it, did it survive?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Nice looking Mustang.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  3. stephen_becker

stephen_becker Well-Known Member

Edsel is very much alive & well - My guess would be you could send him a letter at Ford World Headquarters and he would reply - I had lunch with Edsel, one of his son's and Carroll at Pebble a few years back, and Edsel is a very nice, approachable, person!

:thumbsup: