Join Shelby Forums Today

68 Shelby GT 350 interior questions

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by gregrock, Nov 24, 2013.

1. gregrock

gregrock New Member

Hi all

I am currently restoring the interior of my 68 GT 350 which is all black and I have a few questions. Note, this is not a judging car, but my car that is my weekend - grocery getter, local car meets etc....

1 What is the actual black color? gloss, semi gloss, satin, etc...? where should I purchase
    2 When I put it back together what is the best way to remove the inevitable sqeeks? :mad:
    3 Who makes a nylon dye (or is there one made)?? my interior console carpet is faded and I cannot find replacement (from the factory it is stitched to the vinyl)
    4 What is the best resource for interior Shelby details? pictures, questions etc..?

2. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

The interior color is not black but a dark charcoal metallic. Mustang vendors sell it in a rattle can but using a spray gun gets the best results. The major paint company's have the formula 67-70 used the same interior color. It will come in a lacquer. It is a semigloss. There is not really a nylon dye that works available. A lot of people will use the SEMS rattle can vinyl black paint to dust the faded carpet back to black or replace. The SAAC Forum has a 68 Shelby
    section that routinely deals with question like yours. :thumbsup:

3. gregrock

gregrock New Member

Thanks Bob. I did a few searches and did not locate the info but I will keep digging for more info