Join Shelby Forums Today

Replacement Shelby serial number tag for 2006 GT-H needed

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by ajagtype, Oct 26, 2013.

1. ajagtype

ajagtype New Member

Hello All,

I've just recently joined this forum and my first question concerns the replacement of the Shelby serial number tag that is riveted to my 2006 GT-H coupe, next to the radiator, driver's side, under the hood.

When I purchased the 2006 GT-H coupe from a Ford dealer in 2007, the serial number plate was already damaged: the black printing was already wearing off so badly that the Shelby ID number could barely be read. Now, at this date, Shelby American has informed me that replacement serial number tags, while once available, are now no longer available.

My question is, does any Forum member know of a source for a correct reproduction Shelby serial number tag for a 2006 Shelby GT-H coupe?

Thanks to all.
    ajagtype

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Nope, only available from SAI......They will verify the VIN as original, and issue a replacement tag as needed (per their regulations/rules in regards to accident/collision repairs). if they are no longer available through them, that is new to me.

Bill S.

Bill S.