Join Shelby Forums Today

1967 Shelby GT 500 Cobra Inherited

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by davidtidwell52, Oct 15, 2013.

1. davidtidwell52

davidtidwell52 New Member

This 1967 Shelby GT 500 was willed to me from my friend He bought it just out of high school in the early 70’s from a car lot in Richmond California. He drove the car for a couple of years and then parked it at my house is storage around the early 80’s and it has been here in storage every since. He passed away about a week ago leaving his 1967 Shelby GT 500 Cobra to me. So here I am trying to find out anything and everything I can about Carroll Shelby and his cars. I am just now digging in to it cleaning it up and out. Everything is stock except the wheels. So I may need some help from time to time from you pros on this car. I have been working on cars all my life side by side with my father so I do know my way around them pretty well but this car is different.

2. 67_1183

67_1183 Member

Welcome to the forum and Shelby ownership. I too own a 67 GT500. I have #1183. Share some pictures of your new ride. If you have not done so already, get your ownership update to the SAAC registrar at 67registrar@saac.com.

You have a great car!

Once again, welcome!

JG

3. davidtidwell52

davidtidwell52 New Member

Thank you for your input on saac i will do that. I have pictures of my new ride but like i said it has been in storage for a good 30 years and needs lots of tlc. So being in the middle of cleaning i also have it taken apart as in one piston was stuck got that handled. Seats are out trunk lid and front hood are off etc. So the pictures i have are of the ones with the car taken apart. Also so far we only found one of the origanal wheels but thats is all that seems t be missing. Have to check but i think this car was # 00822.

4. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Welcome to Shelby Forums David. Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are able to get the GT500 roadworthy again. Please let us know if you need any help sorting things out.
    Randall