Join Shelby Forums Today

I´m the new one...

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Wolle, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Wolle

Wolle New Member

Hello,

today I want to introduce myself. I´m from north/west of Germany and today I bought a Shelby GT 350, my first Mustang, my first american car...

For a long time i´m a fan of the Ford Mustang. Last week i had the chance to buy a Shelby GT 350 and so I took it. It is a flood salvage from New Jersey and I want to build it up again. I don´t know how deep it was in the water and if anyone worked on the car befor me.. The body is in good conditions and the engine seems to be free of water... so I'm curious about it.

I´m looking forward to interesting technical discussions, informations and as a welcome "ad on" some training for my bad english ;)

Greetings from Germany
    Wolle

Attached Files:

2. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

Congratulations, I hope, on the purchase of your Shelby GT. It is not a Shelby GT350, that is a different car. Hopefully, you can get all the information on the flood salvage. The Shelby GT may have been damaged from the flooding (Hurricane Sandy?) to be allowed title in the United States. You will need to strip the car in order to determine the damage. Does it run? Was there any damage to the power train from flooding. If water got into the block, it will need a rebuild. If water got up through the exhaust, I would thing that that will need replacing, though you probably do not need a catalytic converter for Europe.

Good luck and welcome.

3. Wolle

Wolle New Member

Thank you for the information. Could you tell me the differences between the "Shelby GT" and the "Shelby GT350"? Do the cars have different Shelby plates? Is it possible to find out how many of theese cars were build?

I think the car is a victim of Sandy but i don´t have nearer information. The engine was running, we tested it at the dealer. Bevor i will start it again, i want to check everything like oil, spark plugs, all other plugs and so on. I will report if it works :) I will stip the interior to see what to do and to change.

4. 66GT350PS

There was no Shelby GT350 built by Shelby American from 1970 until the 2011 edition. The Shelby GT is a result of customer demand after the production of the 2006 Shelby GT-H, the special edition Hertz rental car that was exclusively black with gold stripes. The Shelby GT is a fantastic ride with special suspension and a slight horsepower increase over the 2006 Ford Mustang GT (319 over 300 HP). The GT350 was re-introduced for 2011-2013 in various power configurations (444 to 624 horsepower) and various options.

You might get more detail from the Shelby American factory web site: http://www.shelbyamerican.com/index.asp and the Team Shelby GT site at: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/88-shelby-gt-shelby-gt-h-forum/

Enjoy your new ride.

5. Wolle

Wolle New Member

Ah, ok, the dealer offered the car as a GT 350, so i had a wrong information but now I have learned something about the model history, thanks a lot!!! :thumbup: However I really like the car and I can´t wait when it will make his first noise ;)

6. 66GT350PS

Automotive dealers who are unfamiliar with the different model Shelby Mustangs frequently make this mistake. They want to differentiate the Shelby GT from the well known Ford Shelby GT500. Since the Shelby GT has the smaller engine, 4.6 liter, they refer to it in correctly as a GT350. They are unaware that the Shelby GT is its own unique vehicle and does not need to have a different name.