Join Shelby Forums Today

new blower

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by robwidner, Oct 1, 2013.

1. robwidner

robwidner Well-Known Member

Hey if any of you out there are contemplating a new blower for your 2007 gt 500, that still have the stock one, go to VMP Tuning and check out their stripper blower for only 2599, if I remember correctly is capable of around 23 lbs of boost with right combination. I got one, and with my innovators west 10% lower and Steeda 2.6 upper, along with the VMP high flow inlet elbow and L&M 66mm throttle body, i'm seeing right at 20 lbs of boost. Justin Starkey at VMP said it should dyno at 700 to the wheels. Now that's a lot of bang for the buck, just sayin'. Out the door for the blower, sct tuner with a custom tune wrote for me, and a VMP boost a pump also, right at 3300. Very pleased.

2. 1 Alibi

1 Alibi Member

Nice upgrade, would be interested in seeing your dyno sheet, what correction factor ? ( SAE J607 or SAE J1349 )
    Why didn't you go with the new " VMP Twin Jet 67mm " throttle body ?

3. robwidner

robwidner Well-Known Member

Hey Alibi, I haven't put the car on the dyno yet, was actually thinking of taking it to Dallas Mustang to have it dyno tuned, but I was going to purchase some bigger injectors and take them with me, because i'm pretty sure i'll need them. My buddy hooked his laptop into my car and we ran a data log on it, and he said it looked like when we were at around 6000 rpm it was at around 97% duty cycle, which from what I've read isn't desirable, that's why i'm trying to figure out the best size injector for my car. Oh the throttle body I have I already had on the car with a VMP high flow inlet elbow, so all I needed was the TVS blower. Hey any advice for my fuel injectors?

4. 1 Alibi

1 Alibi Member

Running 72's in my set-up...............whatever your tuner recommends.