Join Shelby Forums Today

Reprod 32ga fuel tanks from Shelby Parts and Resotoration - Leaks?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by back40, Sep 27, 2013.

1. back40

back40 Member

Anyone else out there buy one of these tanks ($1800) and have a leak in it? If so, how responsive was the company to getting it fixed?

2. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

I have always known Jim C. to be very responsive.I have known and bought from him for about 30 years. It is a small Shelby community. He has a good reputation. I would suggest talking to him in a respectful way just like you would want to be addressed and you should be fine .

3. back40

back40 Member

Thanks, already spoke to him last monday and again last friday which resulted in my original post. Was just a little concerned with the original responses I received. However as of today they are shipping me the repair material and did offer a refund. I told them that I would try the repair and if it didn't work, then I would take them up on the return/refund offer. Will post how it works.

4. Bob Gaines

Where is it leaking from? the seam where the upper and lower tank are welded together?

5. back40

back40 Member

No it's leaking where the big sending unit hole is plugged on the top half of the tank.

6. back40

back40 Member

Permatex tank sealant kit worked.

7. Bob Gaines

Glad to read the problem was solved and the solution for future reference.