Join Shelby Forums Today

Hello I have a rare dakota

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by ATmesch, Jul 9, 2005.

1. ATmesch

ATmesch Member

I just got my grandfathers shelby Dakota # 377 and he did it good ! Shelby Recaro's , The shelby upgrade performance kit ,and shelby prototype wheels. It has been featured before in publications. The paint is doing its thing, and I need to know where I can get Good, not poor , shelby decals. Hope someone can help. It is the white shelby , and it also came with the one of 47 wood grain steering wheels. It has turned over 110 thousand. I love this muscle style truck where everything is in your face and you can get to it easily! Thanks for your time. :)

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

David Salomone's company Positive Impressions makes reproduction decals for the Shelby Dakota. I have used his products before and they are of very high quality. His web address is Unleashed by Shelby

Would love to see photos of this truck. I have never seen one with Recaro seats.

robin

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  3. WUWU20

WUWU20 Well-Known Member

Shelby upgrade performance kit ?? whats that all about :unsure:

4. ATmesch

ATmesch Member

Shelby offered a kit which among other things came with a 360 fuel system :D

5. WUWU20

WUWU20 Well-Known Member

Hum, never heard of this, anyone have more details on this setup??

6. ATmesch

ATmesch Member

I have everything their is on this truck from rare parts lists to the places all 1500 were sold. I have the lists for all accesories offered by shelby for the dakota. My grandfather( john Finster)showed this truck, and bought everything for it. I have some prototype shelby rims on it too. Once I go threw all his info I will be making a web page to dockument the truck and its features. I honestly know very little on this truck, but my grandfather was a Monster on what he has collected for this. I even got 3 sets of hubcaps he picked up along the way. The performance kit is #7108 and this is what it reads: " Designed for that 318 TBI equipped vehicle owner that demands that additional performance from his engine. The 30 horse power improvement kit includes a larger 360 throttle body, and a template for machining the intake manifold to accept the larger throttle blades, new engine control computer recalibrated for premium fuel only, and a low resriction muffler. Fits shelby Dakotas." Catolog 1990 , part 7108 hope this helps :thumbsup:

7. WUWU20

WUWU20 Well-Known Member

This is nice to know, I've been thinking of installing a 360 Mopar create engine in mine but was wondering how I was gonna feed something that makes 300 hp from what I have on the truck know and still keep it "looking" stock using the FEI and all. Wish those parts were still out there to be had!

8. GLHS0136

GLHS0136 Member

I think I may have met your Grandfather and saw the truck. Are the decals painted on on that truck? I met someone in Madera California at a Chrysler car show where I took my S Dakota #160 and my '87 GLHS #136. He was showing his truck there. He had the bucket seats and wheels and upgrade kit.

9. ATmesch

ATmesch Member

It is .decals are still painted on . He probably had been with my Grandma too. I have an award here for: HOT RODDING Best Mini Truck- Stock, Bakersfield Speedway, October 5-6 1991. He says he has about 13 other trophies . I am happy to hear about someone seeing it at a show. I grew up with this truck, and the memories choke me up sometimes. My Grandma past away, and my sister got it from my grandpa and let it go. I bought it off her to make my grandfather proud of the truck he loves. He now is driving a 04 Mach 1 as a daily driver, he's one fast grandpa! thanks for the memories! #377 :alarm:

10. GLHS0136

GLHS0136 Member

I looked at my picures and found that it was in 2000 at Madera. I think your grandma was there too. Unfortunately, I looked but I have no pics of your truck even in a background shot. Where are you located?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  11. ATmesch

ATmesch Member

I am located in San Luis Obispo. I appreciate you looking for those pics. As we speak my truck is getting the recall#988 done. Do you know exactly what they have to do to fix this steering box reinforcement? I am thinking about getting it repainted, the factory white is going on the tail gate, and bed. :) #377

12. GLHS0136

GLHS0136 Member

I didn't know about the steering box recall. My truck has only 9k miles on it. I know it only had one recall for the brake line/wheel liner fix. I should look into all of the recalls.

13. WUWU20

WUWU20 Well-Known Member

Recall being done now??? I work at a Chrysler dealership, please give more details about this.

14. lonestar

lonestar Member

ATmesch

I first met your grandparents around 1991 and his (now yours) truck came down the assembly line right behind my white s/dak. Our vins are 1 digit apart.

Sorry to hear about your Gma's passing but am glad to hear Jack is still out tearing up those desert roads.

As you know your truck was well cared for and I'm familiar with all those "extras" you got with it.

I tried to get your Gpa to bring the truck to the Mopar Spring Fling Shows in Van Nuys but I guess the drive was keeping him away. I hope you can make one of these shows in the near future.

Steve

15. mavilez

mavilez Member

I have purchased this truck from ATmesch earlier this year. I recieved all the documentation for the truck as well as all the extra parts and the Protype wheels.
    I am planning to do a complete frame up restoration. I have also purchased another Dakota #833 (red) for a parts truck. I have already purchased several addition parts as well as replacement fabric to redo the bucket seats. I will post pictures as the projects progresses. I am planning to have this truck restored by some time early 2009.

16. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

That's great! Make sure we get before and after pictures.

17. mavilez

mavilez Member

Stripped down!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

18. mavilez

mavilez Member

Engine and Trans off for rebuild!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

19. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

Looks good, thanks for the update!:thumbup:

20. mavilez