Join Shelby Forums Today

New Alan Mann book has enough Shelby content to warrant purchase, say about 30%

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by bitzman, Jun 27, 2013.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Who is Alan Mann/ The guy who ran the Cobras in Europe in '65, that's who. On this website is a profile of him

http://www.sportscardigest.com/alan-mann-1936-2012/

Been waiting so long for this book. Too bad Alan Mann died just after it came out. There are separate chapters on GT40 racing and Cobra racing with some new pictures, as well as a chapter on the Mustangs Alan Mann prepped for European rallying. it is a well written book with Tony Dron, a European racer, either doing the writing or co-authoring. I'll be posting a review soon and put the link here. He pretty much says what i thought he would say, just hated the big block Ford GT, and gives Bondurant a rap on the knuckles for refusing to follow his team's pre-determined finishing orders issued before the race (I'll have to ask Bob at Laguna what he teaches about that in his driving school !). "Finishing order" is basically the decision by team manager on who is No. 1 driver, etc. with the No. 2 supposed to defer to No. 1 but ol' Bob-O was having none of that...he likes to finish first!