Join Shelby Forums Today

JIm Morrison's '67 Shelby: If it's lost how do they have pictures of it?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by bitzman, Jun 22, 2013.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

On a website I saw a pictures (three at least) of a '67 Shelby. I wasn't clear by reading the story about Jim Morrison's missing '67 Shelby Mustang if the car pictured is his or just a representative example of a '67 Shelby Mustang.
    I should think it would be worth more to a rock and roll fan. There is a small category of cars that are worth more to some people if you can prove it belonged to them (Raymond Loewy's Avanti, Shelby's last small block Cobra, etc.) Anyway maybe you can look at the website and say if this is a wishful thinking story.

http://carbuzz.com/news/2013/6/19/What-Happened-to-Jim-Morrison-s-Shelby-GT500-7714885/

2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

3. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi,
    This car was in a short video on you tube,if you want to see Jim Morrison driving it (off road no less)The real car has vanished.Most likely was parted and crushed years ago,as the story goes....it was pounded on and it showed.Jim walked away from it and never looked back.
    P.D.

4. 2+2GT

2+2GT Well-Known Member

Well, the film wasn't all that short. And unless you're a hard-core Morrison fan, it seems to go on forever. The car was central to the film. Even when he wasn't driving it off-road in the desert, he was beating the snot out of it.

The car in the article isn't even an accurate representation. Morisson's car had no LeMans stripes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_tbkXXYRs

5. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I guess it is a matter of opinion as to what short is.....so sorry if it was taken wrong.It still shows what a small point we are attempting to make,which is he pounded this car,wrecked it several times and walked away when finished.It is extremely unlikely to be intact and if ever found would need a bunch of money put into it....I would advise spending time and money on something that has not been thrashed.Pics are not even close to the real car.The video shows "from the day accuracy." Thanks for posting it.
    Also should check your spelling---should be Morrison
    P.D.

6. 2+2GT

2+2GT Well-Known Member

You'll note I spelled it correctly the first time.

The clip I posted was only part of it. Out of curiosity and too much spare time I once ran the whole thing. Beyond awful. I'd rather have dental work done.

7. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

It's only three years later, now I have the next question. I saw a website with what purports to be the SN B1555792. Does that help? I saw a few stories since on how trashed the car was. But still I think it's interesting. Maybe when it's found it will have a tape playing his band's songs.

8. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Thats not a Shelby vin and doesnt resemble a 1967 Ford vin.

Morrisons vin is known.

9. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Perhaps by posting the wrong VIN, he is fishing for someone to post the right one here :laf:

Those who have this information will be smart enough not to :cool:

10. 557

557 Well-Known Member

Nothing so nefarious he got the info off the cape cod mustang site...they have a supposed copy of Cali title for the car.poster obviously mistook tag number for serial number....wouldn't have noticed but I own a 67 and have......apparently.....way too much time on my hands.....trent

11. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Trent,

Bret has the cars registration card, as purchased off Ebay many,many,many years ago. The OP of this thread knows what he was doing when he made the post, all you need to do is take a look at his posting history here and elsewhere to see his "sources" :laf: