Join Shelby Forums Today

1967 Shelby interior white.

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by Freeway Flyer, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Freeway Flyer

Freeway Flyer Member

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what vehicle the white was from so I can paint my interior trim pannels. This one is definately white, not parchment.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Snakepit

Snakepit Well-Known Member

"Came from" ??

Guess you might look at Mustang interior colors if your having issues

3. 2+2GT

2+2GT Well-Known Member

Strange, because white was not offered. Sounds like you have some custom work. In 66, 67, and 68 white was not offered in the Mustang, so of course not in the Shelby, either.

4. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

There is only white in 67 Shelby . You can read about it in the newest SAAC registry which you should have if a owner of a Shelby. It has that plus thousands of other information factoids. It looks the size of a large phone book. Branda sells it.

5. Bob Gaines

There is only one shade of white/parchment used in a 67 Shelby .It has been called various different names. You can read about it in the newest SAAC registry which you should have if a owner of a Shelby. It has that plus thousands of other information factoids. It looks the size of a large phone book. Branda sells it.

6. 2+2GT

2+2GT Well-Known Member

137560_Interior_Web.jpg

7. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

If your just wanting to make all of your Interior trim panels to match? Pull an accessible piece that you think is in the best condition to you? Take the panel to any major, Automotive Paint Dealer that has a Color scope, They'll mix you up a Pint or Quart, what ever you think you need.

8. snakeman

I see your Interior doesn't have the Original Belts ,Harnees and Boots, there is a Complete set on Ebay if interested?? Should be easy to find on Search.

9. 2+2GT

2+2GT Well-Known Member

That photo isn't his car.

10. snakeman

Sorry about that, 2+2GT, when I stopped to view the picture ,I went past your Name, my bad. I have a 67 Shelby GT350 4-Sp. Air Cond.W/ Hubcaps , 2nd Owner.

11. Bob Gaines

+1 . Best original usable piece ;) .

12. Freeway Flyer

Freeway Flyer Member

Bob Gaines,
    The last registry I purchased was the 1997 issue. There is no mention there, however based on the parchment purchases, they are two different animals. It appears that the upholstery was possibly parchment, but the plasti-glass portions of the trim and dash are some sort of white. It doesn't appear to be the same as the 65-6 interior white, because it doesn't look to have the slight yellow tones in the white.
    Being I am med retired, I really don't want to dump 200.00 on another registry, at least not yet.
    If you would care to shed light here I would be thankful.
    I also have another question. The front bumper brackets that attach the bumper on the sides to the fender: Should they be natural or painted black?
    I thank you in advance for your assistance.

13. Bob Gaines

Many times referred to as parchment . You will have to have the interior paint mixed for the best match to the door panels and upholstery. The Shelby modified bumper brackets were painted a semigloss black. I hope this helps.

14. Freeway Flyer

Freeway Flyer Member

Bob,
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I have been quite ill and the vehicle was gone for 16 months for paint and shell assembly. Now we'll soon have another back on the road.