Join Shelby Forums Today

Help ---gonna buy one? What do you guys think?

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by gsoderm, Jun 4, 2013.

1. gsoderm

gsoderm New Member

Hey everyone... I have been looking to buy a 2nd generation Shelby GT500 for a while now. I found one but have some reservations and wanted to get the group consenes. A friend of the seller told me it was a 2007 GT500... I have not talked to the seller yet (out of town), however, checked the VIN and it returns to a 2006 GT.... wierd... wasn't the first year of the 2nd gen in 2007? It has all the badging, steering wheel and cobra embroiderd seats but I think it is all clone...

Compounding by the fact it needed a whole new rear end due to a collision and he took the factory supercharger off and installed twin turbos, im not sure it is the right one to buy. All it is is a glorified GT right? 20k is great buy for a Shelby with 46000 miles, but a GT which was in a pretty good collision?

Any suggestions my friends? :confused:

2. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

Your suspicions are correct. First GT500 was 2007. Sounds like a modified 2006 Mustang GT. Badges and seats don't tell anything. Clones are easy to dress up. Check the VIN and the purchase history. Look for specific original SVT parts. Good luck.

3. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Pass and keep looking. You'll find a good deal somewhere if you keep looking.