Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby Wheels

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by cobra1219, May 31, 2013.

1. cobra1219

cobra1219 New Member

Hi all, I am new to the forum and do not own a Shelby. However, I do have a 1979 Alfa Romeo Spider that has non-OEM wheels with "Shelby" cast in the inboard portion of the rim. I am hoping someone from this forum can ID the wheels, what car they came from and provide any other information.

Thanks!
    Brian

Attached Files:

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Brian,

Over the counter, aftermarket wheels that Shelby and Shelby licensed vendors were selling in the mid to late 70's and early 80's.....No pot of gold (you might get $40 each for them), but a nice set of rims just the same.

Bill S.

rshelby likes this.
  3. cobra1219

cobra1219 New Member

Thanks for the response Bill. I plan on returning my Alfa to stock but when I saw Shelby on the inside of the rim I started to second guess getting rid of them. However, knowing they are just over-the-counter after-market wheels I don't feel so bad selling 'em. Thanks for the info! $40 each ain't bad if I can get that.

Brian

4. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Carroll Shelby Wheels, not the current incarnation, but the original wheel company, was manufacturing OEM and aftermarket wheels in the 1970's and 1980's. The company was sold in the mid-late 1980's and promptly run into the ground by the new owners by the end of the 1980's.

5. cobra1219

cobra1219 New Member

That is a shame

Brian

6. glhs0075

glhs0075 Member