Join Shelby Forums Today

some input please - Shelby GT

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by mazakla, May 19, 2013.

1. mazakla

mazakla New Member

i am looking at buying a 2008 barrett jackson gt500 today... manual shift very low miles..what would be a good buy price..i currently have a 67 gt 350, 06 hertz car and a superformance cobra really done right with side oiler not the real thing but sure is fun..need some guidance in buying the barrett car..i've seen them all over the board, but this is a manual shift car..what do y'all think would be a buy price..

2. mazakla

mazakla New Member

my name is Cary and by the way i am new to this..so i probably should have said hello and please and thanks for your help..i am supposed to make an offer today on the car..so again sorry if i came off rude

cary

3. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Perhaps if you offered more details on the car it would help.

Mileage
    Interior and exterior color combination
    Originality
    Paperwork included
    Any modifications from when new
    etc and so forth

4. mazakla

mazakla New Member

Mileage.......670 miles
    Interior and exterior color combination........it was the special black and red barrett jackson/carol shelby joined effort car of which 100 were built..this is one of 5 special builds
    Originality........... as purchased
    Paperwork included....... all documentation conceivably available 1 of 5 manual trans cars 2 of which were given to barrett and his v/p
    Any modifications from when new
    etc and so forth......... none same as when purchased when new from B.J.

*****see below*****

From the black 18-inch wheels to the Shelby Cobra roadster hood scoop, the car is mean. The engine is upgraded with a Ford Racing package to pump out 319 horsepower and 330 lb.-ft. of torque through a high-flow exhaust system with X-pipe crossover. The Shelby GT comes standard with a five-speed manual transmission featuring a Hurst short-throw shifter; a five-speed automatic transmission is optional. The package includes a Ford Racing Handling Pack with special-tuned dampers, unique sway bars and a 3.55:1 ratio rear axle assembly. Overall ride height was dropped and a front strut-tower brace added.

“The Shelby GT was designed to deliver an exhilarating driving experience,” said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. “In addition to the ‘go faster goodies,’ each will receive special badges and equipment, as well as a photo of one of these cars signed by Carroll.”

Unique features of the Barrett-Jackson edition will include:
    •Black exterior with “Barrett-Jackson Red” LeMans Hood and Side Stripes
    •Barrett Jackson Edition Door Sill Plates
    •Black interior with the Shelby GT serial number plate
    •Special Gas Cap Insert
    •Autographed photo of Carroll Shelby, Craig Jackson, Amy Boylan and Steve Davis

5. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Low miles...sounds like a nice Shelby GT. Is it a convertible?

6. mazakla

mazakla New Member

yes it is a conv