Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby Super Snake 427 Mustang :idoes anybody remember passing on it decades ago?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by bitzman, May 2, 2013.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

It is also scheduled for the Mecum Indy auction. This is the white car with blue stripes and originally installed 427 so Shelby could use it in a tire commercial. The auction publicity says it belongs to Richard Ellis.

I haven't looked up their estimate yet but I am sure it is well beyond 200K, and I even think with all the documentation (and hopefully the Goodyear promotional film replayed at the auction) this could be a half million dollar Shelby. My question is: before SAAC started documenting cars, there wasn't much ink on this car, does anyone in the forum remember turning the car down when it was offered by former owners because it was just thought of as somebody's incorrectly restored Shelby (wrong engine, wrong stripes). You can admit it, because I admit
    selling my first gullwing Mercedes for $2500 and my second for $11,000 when they are now worth $500,000 each.
    Hey we get too soon alt und too late smart!

2. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Re: Shelby Super snake for $1,300,000 to a Canuck

Is this the highest price ever paid for any Mustang? It seems like a GT350 with a racing history, such as the one raced at LeMans in '67, would be worth more based on racing history, but on the other hand this Super Snake got a lot of publicity.