Join Shelby Forums Today

Need Noob Assistance -Rear Coilover springs/adjuster plate Setup?

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by ainsua13, Apr 3, 2013.

1. ainsua13

ainsua13 New Member

In a loaded nutshell- dropped my '09 GT500 (EIBACH PRO-KIT) and I'm almost happy with it but... if it could only be a little lower in the back and a little higher in the front- my only course is to do what I should have in the 1st place is Coilover Springs/tuneable suspension.

I'm looking to start with the rear (Cost is an issue right now) and eventually move on to the front-
    Anyone have any suggestions on something decent for the rear as far as adjuster plates and coilover springs. Or?

No, I don't need to worry about track time etc. Doesn't have to be the hottest setup- This is only for setting the ride height to "perfection"- or my version of it anyway...

Much thanks in advance. Alex.

2. 007snake

007snake New Member

What tires do you have on your car now? I ask this because I have Eibach pro springs on a 07 gt500 vert and they are too low in the back for a set of drag radials, (the verts are lower from the added weight of the top motor). Nittos are 28.58" high...are your current tires close to that? will you maybe putting dr's on later? The nittos are the smallest diameter dr that I have found. You can buy height adjustable coilovers for the rear only and add fronts later. You might be better off just going to sport springs in the rear...cheaper.