Join Shelby Forums Today

Anybody know what these wheels are from?

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by tberthelson, Feb 16, 2013.

1. tberthelson

tberthelson New Member

]Hi. I found a set of aluminum rims today at a garage sale. The seem to be pretty old and the old owner did not have any more details other than they were early mustang. He sold them to me for what he thought the aluminum was worth $50.

They are a turbine style, they have Shelby Cobra center caps, they are 15X7 5 lug and they have Shelby USA stamped on the inside.

I own an 89 Fox and love the turbine wheels but these loot a bit different.

IMG_20130216_154147.jpg IMG_20130216_154001.jpg IMG_20130216_153955.jpg

http://www.shelbyforums.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=500&userid=8572

2. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

They look like the Western Wheels "Turbine" style, and as far as I can research, Shelby made aftermarket wheels in the early 1970's after the Ford split, and they did several styles like that, which were sold at places like JC Penney's, Western Auto, etc. Can't find any exact photos, but the caps were probably bought aftermarket, too. I am pretty sure they were not made for any Shelby Ford product in the 1960-70 era. I remember seeing a lot of these on trucks, like Bronco's and F150s, too, back in the '70s, not really sure how many would still be around these days. Best I can do, maybe someone has a better idea..... :blink:

rshelby likes this.