Join Shelby Forums Today

New Member Question on Selling and Purchasing 2008 Shelby gt500KR

Discussion in 'Lost, Found & Looking' started by Centreville Motors, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Centreville Motors

Centreville Motors New Member

Good Morning to the Shelby Community,

I am a Manager of a Small Ford Dealership. In 2007 my boss and Dealership Owner was one of the lucky winners of the 2008 Shelby gt500KR lottery who had the pleasure to purchase this Amazing Machine,#0847. The Owner, a Shelby Lover, held on to this baby of his. He has now decided to part ways. This Machine has been show room kept, 8 Miles on the Odometer, Never road driven and has never been titled. This was his treasure that has been locked up and sheltered its entire life. It may be the only one out there left that can be considered Brand New!

As a New Member my first question, is this an apporpriate place to list this for sale? If not, is their a recommendation on where to start listing our Shelby? Also with it's condition and status as Brand New, I have an idea on what we would like to sell it for, but honest recommendations would help.

I will wait to post pictures and list anything officially until I get conformation this would be ok to list here and then see what I can do. Any helpful tips and ideas would be great as well.

Joe

2. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Sure, it gets good exposure. I used to sell at lot of Superformance replica products via Ebay Motors and SAAC's webpage classified section is also a good place to try. There is also Hemmings, www.cars-on-line.com has a Shelby section. Personally I think Ebay Motors gets the best exposure, worldwide.

3. Centreville Motors

Centreville Motors New Member

Thanks Commissioner!

I will definitely check out that option!

As for my Shelby we are selling here, I misspoke on the mileage, it has 14.1 miles on the odometer. 2008 40th Anniversary #0847, GT500KR. Show Room kept, Never Driven. I have found out since I wrote the last post that we are asking $98k, however we are listening to offers. Please feel free to contact me via here or through my email, cvilleford@gmail.com

Attached are some pictures.

Cropped photo 1.jpg cropped photo 2.jpg cropped photo 4.jpg cropped phot 3.jpg cropped photo 6.jpg cropped photo 5.jpg cropped photo 7.jpg

4. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

You should post an ad in the Shelby Forums Classifieds and consider the options in the post above. Those are all good suggestions. I can't imagine you will get the $98,000 but I wish you luck.
    Randall

5. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

I would agree that the price, no matter how excellent the condition and mileage, will barely get near half the asking price for this KR in todays market. Many GT500KR models sat on the showroom floors unsold for over a year, mostly because of excessive dealer markup, and sold at below MSRP finally. I do not see the demand at this time based on comparable sales and the demand for newer GT500 models and SS upgrades. Any sale should be at a reasonable reserve so that you get as close to the original MSRP as possible. It may take a lot of years before a possible "collector" value that exceeds that figure is reached. With over 1500 2008-9 KR models and over 40,000 2007 to 2012 GT500 Shelby Mustangs produced, the resale market is not at a collector value that exceeds the original price right now.

Just my view, but good luck with the sale.

6. 557

557 Well-Known Member

Agreed too much cash....Also keep in mind storage will hurt it in the long term.....Gotta keep the moving parts moving and thus lubricated....My 2 cents...Good luck though....

7. ChicagoChris

ChicagoChris Member

Have you considered AutoTrader.com?

Take a look at what others are asking which will be a good level set.

8. gjz30075

gjz30075 Well-Known Member

On ebay, an 'advanced' search on completed listings, with the right key words, gives a good baseline, rather than asking prices.

Greg Z

9. ChicagoChris

ChicagoChris Member

If you are looking for selling price, check auction results (RM, Russo).