Join Shelby Forums Today

Itching for more HP - 2008 Shelby GT

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by SHELBY GT, Nov 29, 2012.

1. SHELBY GT

SHELBY GT Active Member

I purchased my 08 Shelby GT new from a military dealer in Germany in 2009. The car has 5,200 miles on it and is garage kept. By the way I'm now stationed in Las Vegas. I've been toying with the idea of adding the SC package which would run me about 13K. Of course the makes the car even rarer and puts a huge smile on my face with the 500+ rear whp. Keeping that in mind I also know I could have the same supercharger installed between $7-8K. The car wouldn't be an SC but I would still have a big smile on my face.

Looking for advice on what you all think.

2. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

Re: Itching for more HP

Go for it! As you are in LV, I would go to the Shelby Perfomance shop to get the installation. Besides the supercharger, you will need the tune, injectors, and all the other details. Pay for it and have done by the guys who have done many before and get it done right. If you have problems, you have easy access to get things corrected. Plus, there is the value of having a Shelby American limited production vehicle upgraded by the same factory, not an after market install.

:cool:

rshelby likes this.
  3. SHELBY GT

SHELBY GT Active Member

Re: Itching for more HP

Thanks 66, everything you said makes complete since.

4. sadlerb_98

sadlerb_98 New Member

Shelby GT:

Did you ever get the SC package? I'm thinking of the same one day.