Join Shelby Forums Today

Hello From Indiana

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Indycar9M1081, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Indycar9M1081

Indycar9M1081 Member

I just registered on this forum yesterday and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Steve, and I've been enjoying performance Ford Mustangs and Shelbys for nearly 40 years. I bought my first, a 1969 Mach I in November of 1973, and have let little time pass that there was not a Ford Mustang with my name on the title. In a moment of delusion, I traded my first Mach I for a pickup truck in 76, then came back with a 71 Mach I in 77, this one stayed with me until 79, when I let it go to buy a house. In 82 I returned to the fold to stay with a 69 SCJ 4spd Mach I that was my first restoration project. Next came another 69 CJ Mach I that I restored to street driven concours. Next came a 69 convert that was restomoded into more or less a Mach I convertible. I traded this convert for my first Shelby, a 69 GT 350 that I am still the caretaker of. This car began life in Alabama, then migrated west to California, where it remained until the late 90's. It then found its way to Arizona, then on to Texas, where I bought it in 1999 and returned it east of the big river. As it has become more and more risky to drive my GT 350, I've eased my need for speed with a low mile 1996 Cobra convert.

2. fcettner

fcettner Member