Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby Maverick??

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by WUWU20, Jun 1, 2005.

1. WUWU20

WUWU20 Well-Known Member

Anyone know much about there being a Shelby Maverick made in Brazil, I think thats right, anyway, anyone know much about these cars??

2. computerworks

computerworks Well-Known Member

There were Brazilian Mavericks, made by Ford of Brazil...

http://www.maverick.to/np-foreignmav2.shtml

...but I don't believe Shelby had anything to do with them.

Now, though, Shelby de Mexico did have a Shelby-ized (so to speak) Maverick...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"...Shelby de Mexico production continued through 1972 with the building of approximately 200 Mustang "GT351" models and approximately 300 Shelby Mavericks. Both models carried Shelby emblems, Shelby aftermarket wheels and Shelby aluminum engine pieces. Both had rear window louvers, and front and rear spoilers. Additionally, the Maverick had a hood-mounted tachometer and a Boss 429-style hood scoop."

http://www.maverick.to/np-foreignmav3.shtml

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  3. GLHS444

GLHS444 Well-Known Member

I had always wondered if Mr. Shelby would have played around with those Maverick's if he continued working with Ford.

My first car was a 72 Maverick Grabber ( my parents wouldn't let me buy the heavier 71 Mach1 had had picked out), that I had put a few mods on. With the 302 uncorked via a cam, carb and dual exhaust, that thing could do a u turn in a water heater closet...... man I miss that thing.

It's only problem was that is was about as much a chick magnet as the GLHS Omni is :) , not good when your in high school.

4. rodneyw71

rodneyw71 Member

I'll take the one on the left.