Join Shelby Forums Today

greetings

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by AlbertGaldi, Oct 15, 2012.

1. AlbertGaldi

AlbertGaldi Member

Hello all..coming over here from "other" forums..see my sig:eek:..so my car reputation has me in some trouble..guy that did some work on my house 6 years ago walks into my shop with the usual story..got a car in the garage...been there for along time...was my Fathers..I know you are into cars..blah blah blah..anyway he claims its a 68 GT 350 fastback..hes no car guy but says car has GT 350 on the fender.....so I'm here on a fact finding mission...going to see the car over the weekend..he swears it has not been outside in 30 years....again..we'll see..a wild goose chase like this netted me my COPO chevelle:D....so I'll be snooping around asking some questions..and if I'm really lucky I may find something unique

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Not many unknowns in NJ, a few in the barn/shed/garage, but still known about. Get a shot of the door data tag, and VIN plate under the hood if you can as the 69 registrar lives in NJ and is getting ready to send in his files for publication in the latest registry. Again, pictures, pictures, pictures....

Good luck.

Bill S.

3. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

Just clarify the 68 and 69/70 Shelby SAAC registrar are one and the same .

4. AlbertGaldi

AlbertGaldi Member

Still have not seen the car but have spoken to the owner..he's just busy and has not had time to "clean"up the garage so I can view the car..he said we can try again this week (Im pushing a little).my camera is charged and ready, just waiting for go......

5. mrmustang

Where in NJ are you located? (County will do if you do not want to give out actual location in public) I can hook you up with some pretty knowledgeable folks from either the GSRMC (Garden State Region Mustang Club), or the South Jersey Mustang Club if you like.

Yours in Fords,

Bill S.

PS: If the car is in Hackettstown/Mansfield, it is already a known entity :laf:

6. AlbertGaldi

AlbertGaldi Member

Thanks Bill..I'm, in Somerset. I do know some folks in the mustang community from this area..Ed Shaw 69 GT 500,Fred S Boss 302..dont know if they are members here ..if its real I'll be making friends fast..Oh....Its not in Hackettstown.:D

7. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Make sure you get the Shelby number. We can tell you a lot about the car from that four digit number

8. mrmustang

Was just cavorting with Ed and his son this weekend in Hershey. Know Fred as well, both will steer you in the right direction. perhaps we have met in the past? :thumbup:

Bill S.

9. AlbertGaldi

AlbertGaldi Member

Figured they would be known here.:)..have we met..its quite possible our paths have crossed. Lived in the area my entire life..use to do alot of local shows/somerville back in the late 90's early 2000's..always with chevelles and camaros..dont do as much now..mostly bigger shows super chevy, MCACN, etc

10. AlbertGaldi

AlbertGaldi Member

OK..got the call..going to see it tomorrow...my camera is charged.I'll post what I find.

Albert

11. mrmustang

Excellent,

Can't wait to see the pics. Ted F. (Ed's neighbor) states that we have met before. Personally I'm great with putting faces to cars, but terrible at remembering peoples names. :laf:

Bill S.

12. AlbertGaldi

AlbertGaldi Member

ooh forgot about Ted..use to bowl with him on Monday nights.....and I am just as bad with names..hopefully we have a good reason to get together soon:D

ALbert

13. AlbertGaldi

AlbertGaldi Member

saw the car..seems real to me. Pics and story in the regular furum.