Join Shelby Forums Today

Registration of 2008 GT500 Convertible

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by btobias, Oct 4, 2012.

1. btobias

btobias New Member

I have been looking for sometime for a very low mileage Shelby GT500 Convertible. I found one this week and have scheduled a time to go look at the car. I asked if the car was registered with Shelby America and was told that he never registered the car when it was purchased new. Is this a big deal that the car was not registered when it was originally purchased? The car is in perfect condition but I was looking for one that had been registered when it was purchased. Also if I were to purchase the car and register it does that matter that it was not registered when it was new. I plan on keeping the car for a very long time but want to make sure I make the correct purchase.

2. dvups1

dvups1 New Member

Hey there. I'll try to help. The fact that the car has never been listed in the Shelby Registry is not that uncommon. There are many websites out there at can be used in your quest for information on there fabulous cars.

To regiter a Shelby you simply have to log onto their site and provide the information, Here is the link.

http://registry.teamshelby.com/

3. btobias

btobias New Member

Thanks for the quick response. I did know that I could register the car but wanted to make sure that it was not that big of a deal if it were not registered with the original owner.

4. dvups1

dvups1 New Member

Not a problem at all.

5. ChicagoChris

ChicagoChris Member

As the second owner, I registered my SGT for the first time 5 years after the sale date.