Join Shelby Forums Today

Polish/wax for the Shelby

Discussion in 'Auto Detail, Car Care and Maintenance' started by TraumaCobra, Sep 22, 2012.

1. TraumaCobra

TraumaCobra New Member

Greetings fellow Shelby owners. I just bought a used 2011 Shelby GT 500, Kona Blue. I washed it the next day and used MacQuires scratch remover wax to buff out a few surface scratches. The bummer is that I noticed some small swirl marks left behind as a result. I know I can buff out the swirl marks with a different product but not sure which one. I have a friend who is a local county police officer and uses IBIZ on his cruiser (charger). He swears by IBIZ and offered to help me wash and wax the Shelby. His cruiser looks immaculate, but I wanted to research before using a product that might ruin my paint job.

So what do you folks recommend. I don't want to spend 8 hours waxing my car, but want a great shine. Thoughts?

Thanks much for your advice!

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I like Meguiar's products. Bummer to hear about the swirl marks. Wish I could make a recommendation but I'm not sure what the best product is.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  3. gary brown

gary brown Member

Hey TraumaCobra,

I use Griot's products and have been very happy with the outcome. Folks ask if my car is new and are in disbelief when I tell them it's an 07. you can find Griots on line if you want to check out their products and application.

4. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

I like Meguiars Tech Wax for my new cars, and maybe every year or so, I use the clay bar/polish treatment on my '67 Shelby GT350. The paint on that car is 20+ years old and since clay bar'ing it, it looks fantastic. I used to wax brand new Superformance cars before I delivered them to their new owners and the Tech Wax was the best to use.

5. zrayr

zrayr Well-Known Member

Liquid Glass

Z

6. Tmatt142

Tmatt142 New Member

7. fcettner

fcettner Member

Meguiars Tech Wax for my KR and I use a clay bar and wax when I need a super shine.