Join Shelby Forums Today

Team Shelby Trans Am

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by vintagecarservices, Sep 11, 2012.

1. vintagecarservices

vintagecarservices Member

Hi Guys,
    New to the forum, just wondering the proper forum for discussion of the Shelby Trans Am Mustangs?
    Thanks,
    VCS

2. Snakepit

Snakepit Well-Known Member

Here is going ot be as good as it gets (for a fit) on this site I would guess since this is for the early years

3. vintagecarservices

Snakepit,
    Thanks for the info, I believe I have some interesting info for this forum, I will get to it in the next few days.
    VCS

Attached Files:

4. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Welcome Matt ;)

Bill S.

5. vintagecarservices

Hi Bill,
    I am going to try a different tactic, and also let many of you know what happened at the other location. I came across an original Ford advertising photo from 69 with Parnelli driving the first Boss TA Mustang. Photo attached.
    VCS

Attached Files:

• Scan.pdf
      File size:
      245.4 KB
      Views:
  6. vintagecarservices

I Am the former owner of the 1968 Team Shelby Trans Am Mustang #2. I went to the other site to share a great deal of vintage documentatition and information that came with the car from Kar Kraft and the Shelby Archieves, much of which is in direct contridiction to the information printed in the registry. I was shut out and banned because much of the info and proof I have goes against the self serving interests of what is in print. I am of the belief that out of respect to the hobby and to Mr. Shelby, that the truth and previously unknown Information should be available to all who have an interest in Shelby History. I had a 29 page thread with over 10,000 views, as soon as I took it off board through Email to the powers that be I was banned. I do not want to cause trouble but what is the point of recording history if it is innacurate. The following link is how I was brushed off: http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=19542.0 I have a great deal to share with Proofs to back up my claims, a Sample can be viewed at the Ponysite under TA news.

Let me know if you gentleman have an interest in what I have to share.
    Thanks,
    VCS
    Matt

7. mrmustang

Matt,

There is far more in regards to your banning than you are admitting to as I can count on three fingers the number of people actually banned from there. I am not privy to the straw the broke the camels back on either side, nor do I really care as it is between you and the administrators of that site (where it should be left in my humble opinion).

As a personal observation based on your previous posts (and the ones here already), I can tell you if you post threats, or personal attacks on people and/or organizations that have differing opinions or pictures and information on what you post, you won't last long on any of the forums as little infighting is tolerated these days.

I posted on the other site when someone ran across this thread here:

Tread lightly as we do not like posting about posts in another forum, nor do we like posts made in other forums about posts made in this one. It brings both down to a level they should never be. So I suggest taking the high road in this case.

Again, stick to the facts about the car (it is all about the cars), do not post personal attacks (IE: an axe to grind gets dull after a while) and we will all get along. Play games, and you will eventually lose another venue and outlet to show your wealth of knowledge and host your plethora of vintage documentation.

Here is wishing you the high road :thumbup:

Yours In Fords

Bill S.

8. vintagecarservices

Mr Mustang,
    You are correct, you are not privey to what happened, so how do you know it was my fault? Maybe I have proof that would make the powers that be look bad, ever think of that?
    Matt

9. mrmustang

Matt,

Sigh, I'll offer a word of advice, something that I live by every day:

Never underestimate the intelligence of others.

Again, you want to prove just how brilliant you are, and that you are just not here with an axe to grind, from this time forward, take the high road.

Bill S.

10. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I agree, you may be surprised what other people know. There is no such thing as a private email. You keep saying the Registry is wrong, but I recall you admitted you didnt have one?

Its time to show your cards and stop telling everyone how right you are. Im on the side of the facts, but I need to see them before I can recognize them.

11. vintagecarservices

Ok,
    First of all Coralsnake, I believe I never said I had the new registry. Mr Mustang, lets talk about intellegence for a minute, that had nothing to do with the end result of me leaving that board. The issue was not what I knew, it was documents of proof. A reasonable person would think that in order to comment on that thread they would have to read it. In an Email from Underwood he stated "he had never seen no affidavit from Mitch Marchi" and Kopec stated the same thing along with the fact he had no idea who Mitch Marchi was. The affidavit was posted in the thread, Mitch was a highly respected enginneer at Kar Kraft for the 67-68 TA cars, and all the 69's were engineered at Kar Kraft. His son uses his dads KK blueprints to hand Machine TA parts for the west coast guys to this day. I find it hard to believe that neither read the thread and did not see the affidavit. Mitch was also written about in "Alex Gabbards, Fast Fords". That is not information relayed to me or my opinion, that is factual proof from one of the lead guys from the Shelby/KK project. I will attach the affidavit here so the rest of the board to catch up.

I am always open to learning new things, after the long discussion and photos from Green Valley, I admitted I was wrong and the car was repaired.

As for the two 67 TA cars That were converted to 68's, setting aside all the unquestionable VIN proof, in a phone conversation several days ago, Horst Kweck knew of the situation, two of the 67 cars that went out of the season early (team cars), one of them being my old car which in 67 was the Grady Davis sponsered car, those two were shipped to Kar Kraft to have the 68 conversions so Horst Kweck could track test them with the Tunnel Port engines. Once again, not my opinion, but fact.

So gentlemen, I will stick to the High Road without opinion and rumor, using documentation and statements from those who were there, would it not be fair for the opposing side to provide the same proof?
    Matt View attachment Scan.pdf View attachment Scan1.pdf

12. Coralsnake

Please tell us specifically what part of the new Registry you feel is not correct. I have one and would like to footnote it appropriately based on your information.

13. vintagecarservices

Coralsnake,
    Based upon the years of research I have been doing, I can only comment on the 67-68 TA years. The first difference from the last registry and the new one which only goes through 67 has to do with the "Mule" car. Removing it from the 67 year was actually a proper correction as new data indicates that even though the car was a 67, it's actual purpose was to use the car for engineering changes for the 68 season. It was used until late August 67 then sold to KK employee Tom Tlusty. So while the reasoning behind removing the car may have been for a different motive, the end result was correct. Since the 68 and later registry has not yet been published, I can make no comment as to if the car will be included or not.

The only items that will need correction in the 67 registry concern the two cars that went on to be 68 cars, 7R01K164684, And 7R01K164685. In 68 they were re-stamped to 8F01D164684 and 8F01D164685. This situation means that in the registry whatever end result for those two cars has to be corrected. While I have not yet nailed down an absolute for 7R01k164684 which was the stamp on the car Nagel brought from Austrailia, but it was stamped 8F01D164684, That number was published in Mustang Monthly sometime I believe in 1988, I have been told it was restored to 67 specs, so it may be wearing the correct 67 number. As for my former car, it came with the original Bill Of Sale from Ford with the altered 68 VIN,(which Marti has no record of), but when changed back to the 67 prefix the Marti report shows the car delivered to SA in CA. I do know that in 67 it was the SA Team car with the Grady Davis sponsor, so the 67 registry should reflect that the car was converted to one of the primary 68 team cars, and the 68 registry should reflect that it had been converted from the Grady Davis 67 car. The 68 movement papers I have show these two converted cars to be the primary Team cars through most of 68. So SA did not purchase 5 new 68 cars, he purchased 3, two fully prepared to race and one never finished or raced which ended up being owned by Phil Jacobs. Had SA bought 5 new 68's, the VIN sequence would have been in order, which their not, all prefix's would have shown Ca built which they dont, and all engine letter designations would have been the same, which they are not, 3 show Hi-Perf 302 4v from Ca, and 2 show "D" for Tunnel Port from Dearborn.

I will attach the original Bill of salw fro my former car which has the altered 68 VIN. I also have all the VIN;s for the 67-68 TA Shelby Team and indepedant Mustangs. As for transcrips for Mitch's affidavit, I had never met the man, I simply dropped off the info I had gathered and he stated he would get back with me. Ten days later he mailed me the affidavit and was not even compensated for it.
    Thanks
    Matt

Cnv612.jpg Cnv611.jpg

14. Coralsnake

Please believe me, I am trying to be sincere. Am I understanding this correctly?

So, you are saying there is no mistake in what has been published in the 1967 Registry? Or is your issue, you feel there is a omission made by not mentioning the two cars were later converted to 68s according to your documents?

There are no serial numbers in the Registry. The 1968 version has not been published yet.

15. Coralsnake

Does the lack of response mean there is no issue with the Registry?

16. TransamEd

TransamEd Well-Known Member

It turns out 7R01K164684 - after checking with a few owners - is still around and it is not a converted 68.

So the mystery about the 8F01D164684 VIN origin (with no Marti records about those 68 VINs being available) is back on the table. But those VINs were carried by the 68 "bodies" racing in 68.

17. TransamEd

TransamEd Well-Known Member

Seems I was a bit too fast in posting. Need to look into this cars history first to find out about that VIN ..684 on the shipping papers and car. Another mystery folds up.
    Takes some more time.