Join Shelby Forums Today

Stauffer Daytona book, what's it going for now for Collector's edition?

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by bitzman, Sep 11, 2012.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

I don't have one of these 550-page books (600 pictures) but I discovered an announcement today on the intenet from somebody
    who sold their slip-cased limited edition version autographed by 43 former Shelby drivers and/or mechanics and crewmen, for $3000 back in 2010. That book has a reproduction metal plate in it that identifies it as a collector's edition. I venture to say it would be worth more now.

I saw the non-collector's edition for sale at Logan Gray's booth
    at Automobilia in Monterey for I think $1500. Maybe he didn't sell it.
    Here's his contact number Mr Logan Gray , Vintage Motorbooks, PO Box 25537 . Portland, OR 97298-0537 (503) 292-7747

I wish I had one but fortunately my library ordered it for me
    from another library and I got to keep it for ten days. I offered to buy it--as beat up as it was, but the original library was too clever to fall for that.

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

3 of the Daytona books are for sale right now on Amazon.

2 Offered at $1000 and one at $1494.99.

I have seen them for sale from $1000 to $2500 in the last several years. One was on eBay a couple months ago for somewhere on the higher side of that spectrum, maybe $2000, or possibly higher, but it did not sell when I was watching it.