Join Shelby Forums Today

Special tribute car to be unveiled by Ford at Monterey Laguna Track next Saturday

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by bitzman, Aug 10, 2012.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

The press release I received this mornig does not reveal if it is a two seater or four seater but I think it's a modified Shelby Mustang ( I was hoping they are reviving the two seater concepts). Hopefully it will be on display the whole weekend. This is the press release as I got it......
    -----------------------
    FORD NEWS CONFERENCE TO UNVEIL SHELBY TRIBUTE VEHICLE AT ROLEX MONTEREY REUNION

WHO: Ford Motor Company and Shelby American, Inc.

WHAT: Friends of Carroll Shelby will unveil a one-off vehicle created in tribute to American icon Carroll Shelby for a lifetime devoted to high performance automobiles.

WHEN: Friday, August 17, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. PDT

WHERE: Rolex Monterey Reunion Showcase Stage

SIGNIFICANCE: Edsel Ford, Jim Farley and Shelby American President John Luft will unveil the Carroll Shelby tribute vehicle and will share a few words in honor of Carroll Shelby.

COMMENTS: For all media inquiries, please contact Scott Black, www.tprm.com, sblack@tprm.com, 214-566-6458

Interviews, photos and live shots are available

2. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Update on what to see at Laguna Seca Monterey event

Ford will not have a rig, but rather two pavilions. One in the paddock (focus on the original Cobra and story of how it all began) and another in the Expo Marketplace (covering Shelby & other Cobras, Mustang, and Ford Racing).