Join Shelby Forums Today

L.A.: Road rally for spirited drivers - Saturday 7/21

Discussion in 'Events Forum' started by PFG, Jul 17, 2012.

1. PFG

PFG Member

Santa Monica Sports Car Club and Cal Club SCCA present NOT MY FAULT, a five-hour, driver-oriented road rally through the Santa Monica Mountains. We’ll cover some of your favorite roads, including Decker, Yerba Buena, Stunt, Piuma, and of course, The Snake. Like nailing apexes? This is for you. Prone to carsickness? Stay home.

NOT MY FAULT is a beginner-friendly “tour” format TSD rally; the instructions will be easy to follow, with no tricks to throw you off course. No prior experience or special equipment is required to compete, just a street-legal car, a watch with a second hand, and a navigator who won’t hurl until after we’re finished.

(And yes, that does say “compete.” This isn’t your typical follow-the-leader “rally.” You’re running against the clock and against other cars, and we do award trophies in four experience and equipment based classes. The goal is to arrive at secret checkpoints exactly on time…it’s NOT a race, but you will definitely engage in some spirited driving.)

Registration opens at 9 a.m. this Saturday at the Bank of America rear parking lot in Mission Hills, corner of Devonshire and Sepulveda. Entry fee is $50 ($10 off for SCCA members.) Bring your valid drivers license and proof of insurance. First car off at 10:01 a.m. Finish will be at Cabo Seafood and Grill in Oxnard.

More info: http://nmf.smscc.org/Not_my_fault_2012.pdf

Questions? Post ‘em or PM me…happy to help.