Join Shelby Forums Today

New GT500 at Goodwood in the UK this weekend

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by bitzman, Jul 1, 2012.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Goodwood consists of two events, I think this weekend is the Festival of Speed and the next one in Sept. is the Revival. Both are on the track on the estate of an English Lord, Lord March. Since it was once an RAF base, there's a landing strip and WWII figher planes are part of the events (apropos of nothing; the movie Battle of Britain is going to be re-made so there's a lot of interest in WWII planes in the UK).

I heard the new Shelby GT500 will be there and I hope it will take some parade laps. In the Sept. event there are said to be many Cobras entered in what is more of a road racing event.

Pictures from this year's event are already on the net, though I haven't found Shelby ones yet. This year's Festival theme is: Young guns,born to win...

I'm curious over who paid for the Shelby to be brought over there--Ford Dearborn or ?

2. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

found one story showing the car at the Festival; how they have it at the Revival

http://www.motorward.com/2012/06/2013-shelby-gt500-at-goodwood-festival-of-speed/

This is still an announcement story, not pictures of the car performing.

There are two Goodwood events. The Festival is a hillclimb
    The Revival is a road race, that's the one where
    reportedly 45 Cobras will race. I hope Ford brings the car back, only maybe in dark blue.