Join Shelby Forums Today

Dallas repair shop needed

Discussion in 'Shelby Cobra' started by MRGEORGE, Jun 20, 2012.

1. MRGEORGE

MRGEORGE Member

Hello, I live in Dallas and just took delv on a Shelby American CSX8000 car. Does anyone know of a good shop in Dallas that know Cobras and could take care of the car when needed. Thanks George

2. 557

557 Well-Known Member

I dont know how close Comfort Tx. is to Dallas(too close for comfort/sorry I couldnt help it)but you might try David Randal at Randals restorations/Comfort car connection...Nice guy and seems very knowledgable about fords..He was very helpful with some questions I had about my 67 Gt500...Good luck.Trent

3. sunburst

sunburst Member

There are two repair shops in the Dallas area that I've used repeatedly over the years for work on original Shelby Mustangs and original Cobras. I'd return to either one if I needed additional work.

The first one is Rob Hunt with AAAA Automotive Repair in Howe, TX. His phone number is 903-546-0024. He's also a member of this site. His shop is about an hour north up the road from the Dallas metro, but I've always found his prices to be very reasonable. He's also a long time Shelby enthusiast & owner, thus he respects the cars for what they are.

The second place is C & S Performance in Plano, TX. Rob Camp is the owner. They are more convenient than Rob Hunt's shop in Howe, but C & S is more expensive (likely more overhead in Plano than Howe!). They have had a lot of experience with Cobra replicas so they too should be able to provide the assistance you're looking for. Their phone number is 972-578-3550. www.candsperformance.com

I'd give either Rob or Rob a call. :thumbup:

(While the Randall's shop in Comfort, TX might also be good, it's way too far away from Dallas to be practical for average maintenance work)

Mark

4. MRGEORGE

MRGEORGE Member

thanks for the information however Comfort Texas is probably is about 300 miles from where I live in the beautiful Texas Hill country, nice place to visit but a little too far to take the car to get repaired. Thanks for the suggestion looking forward to meeting you at one of the local events, best regards George

5. MRGEORGE

MRGEORGE Member

6. dbatoys

dbatoys Member

George, C&S is now Distinctive Motorsports. 1201 E. Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75074. 972-578-3550, ask for Rob. They recently worked on a new 6000 series and the owner was satisfied. Would you be interested in showing your CSX8000 Cobra in the upcoming Yellow Rose car Show in Ft Worth. August 10, 11 & 12th. We are doing a 50th Shelby Anniversary display and your cobra would be a nice fit. Please let me know at dons350gt@msn.com.

7. MRGEORGE

MRGEORGE Member

Thanks for the information, that will be helpful. George