Join Shelby Forums Today

'07 Shelby GT Shaker 1000 question

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by ChicagoChris, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ChicagoChris

ChicagoChris Member

Thinking of buying an '07 Shelby GT but concerned about the extra weight in the trunk for the stereo 'box.'
    Can that 'box' be removed and the radio continue to work?

2. Coachmoe

Coachmoe New Member

I just had mine out and the weight is not that bad. Are you racing your car?

I would think that you COULD remove it and the stereo would still work since there is an option for Bass On / Bass off. HOWEVER, there MIGHT bean issue since taking out the subs might change the OHM load to the rest of the speakers. Probably ought to check with a dealership tech or maybe a stereo installation shop.

3. ChicagoChris

ChicagoChris Member

Thinking about doing some track days and wanted to lighten things. I did see on a Mustang forum where others have removed the 'boom box' w/no problem. I do like your suggestion of turning off the bass control once the box is removed. Thanks

4. Coachmoe

Coachmoe New Member

No problem, you're welcome.

5. Let R Rip

Let R Rip New Member

Just took my shaker 1000 out of my 08....radio works perfect...I just don't turn on shaker from radio info. Will go out and weigh both the amp and speakers and get right back on next post...

6. Let R Rip

Let R Rip New Member

Speaker box weighed 36.5 pounds......amp weighed 17 pounds.......53.5 pounds total:D

7. ChicagoChris

ChicagoChris Member

Great info; surprised it doesn't weigh more?
    Take out the back seat (48 LBS) and relocate the battery to the trunk (43LBS) and you will improve the 54/46 front/back weigh distribution.