Join Shelby Forums Today

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by 2+2=gt350, May 20, 2012.

1. 2+2=gt350

2+2=gt350 Active Member

:ph34r: hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself new to the forum but not to mustangs and shelbys. Just returned from Brown County Shelby Spring Fling, had a great time met lots of nice people. I'm currently working on a 65 fastback, I also have a 72 convertible, & cruise around in a 96 convertible on weekends with my wife. Mustangs/Shelbys are my main interest but I also have a 89 Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo convertible.Still have my first vehicle I bought when I was 16, 1976 Jeep CJ-5. Wish I still had my 2nd car, 1967 Shelby GT500:(:(:(:( Anyway wanted to say Hi. Like the forum:thumbup: I would post pics once I figure out how. Maybe see you at Carlisle in a couple of weeks. Hope to drop engine in 65 on Memorial Day:dance: Look forward to hear from everyone :thumbsup:

2. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

I too was there. First time ever without my 67 GT 350. It's all dis-assembled for a paint job. It has been there numerous times.
    I too had a 72 CJ5 Jeep V-8. First year of the V-8 but you could not order it with a 4 speed trans. I special ordered it with every HD option available. Was rusted out within 3 years. Stolen, never recovered.

3. 2+2=gt350

2+2=gt350 Active Member

Does anyone know why there are spacers on 65 66 shelby shock towers and there specs part# etc of the washers . I understand the 1 in drop and spacers under lower ball joints to correct binding issues but i am converting to total control upper a arms and lower and i am wondering if the spacers will cause any interference with the shock movement. I dont want to shoot first ask questions later, any info helpful. :unsure:

4. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

The washers are for strength and are not meant as any kind of spacers . They should not cause you a problem . They are there to strengthen the bracket from collasping or bending .

5. 2+2=gt350

2+2=gt350 Active Member

ThankYou:thumbup: