Join Shelby Forums Today

New to this forum. I've got an air cleaner you might be interested in.

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by racerbill53, May 6, 2012.

1. racerbill53

racerbill53 Member

The air cleaner is (to the best of my knowledge) an original 4v Shelby unit. It has the stamped steel base, two chrome buttons for 2 fours and the original air filter. I am debating on using it or putting it away. Any info would be helpful.
    racerbill

2. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

Not sure what info you are looking for. A picture would be helpful but sounds like you've got a 68 post recall top and bottom with a used air filter. Nice piece but not going to fund your retirement

3. racerbill53

racerbill53 Member

I do have pictures. I was reading some other information and saw that no one seems to know what the original part numbers or colors seem to be. I thought this information would be helpful to you. I don't have a Shelby but I bleed Ford Blue and have been involved with Fords for Forty-five years. I had this air cleaner on a 460 Ranchero GT that I am freshening. If I can figure out how to attach pictures I can show you the original part number on the air filter.

4. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

QUOTE=racerbill53;57310]I do have pictures. I was reading some other information and saw that no one seems to know what the original part numbers or colors seem to be. I thought this information would be helpful to you. I don't have a Shelby but I bleed Ford Blue and have been involved with Fords for Forty-five years. I had this air cleaner on a 460 Ranchero GT that I am freshening. If I can figure out how to attach pictures I can show you the original part number on the air filter.[/QUOTE] No one you are apparently in contact with knows what the part numbers or the colors are however there are some people that do. Tim (TLEA) is the first one that comes to mind . It is however good karma that you are sharing enough to offer and it would be helpful because there are many that would like to see your pictures. I know I have never taken any good pictures of any of my NOS air filter elements with the stencil engineering numbers so I look forward to seeing the ones on your air filter assembly that you so graciously offered to show. :thumbup:

5. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

I can help you with that Bob :D

edj9601a.jpg

rshelby likes this.
  6. racerbill53

racerbill53 Member

That picture you posted is not like the number I have. Mine is on the sealing section of the filter. I tried to post a picture but it said the file was too big.The number on mine is FA-47(which is an aftermarket Ford number) followed by C3AZ-9601-E.

Bill

7. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I believe thats the application for a Galaxie. It would not be Shelby correct.

The picture posted bt TLEA is correct

8. racerbill53

racerbill53 Member

With a single 4v metal base would it be from a big block or a small block car? I've had this thing floating around for over twenty years. I'm thinking about refinishing it and putting it back on my Ranchero. If you guys think restoring a Shelby can be tough' try a 74 460 Ranchero.

9. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

Either. Being a recall base it would be considered correct for any 68 GT 350 or 500 although early cars most likely would have had the assembly line base modified via bolt cutters

10. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

If its on the sealing section then it a motorcraft service piece and as Pete mentioned is the taller full size FA 47

11. racerbill53

racerbill53 Member

I found a similar picture to mine but mine doesn't have any studs or brackets on it. And I am here to tell you that thing is a b**ch to keep straight.