Join Shelby Forums Today

Signed Shelby Jacket. Very nice! Need help

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by ahil2359, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahil2359

ahil2359 Member

I have a womens Shelby jacket. Carroll Shelby signed it himself in silver. My husband used to work at Shelby in Vegas and Carroll Shelby would come in and sign stuff for employees so this is not from the foundation. What would someone pay for an item like this? I was wanting to post it on eBay, but I can't come up with a starting price and I'm not sure if someone would be interested in this item. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. ahil2359

ahil2359 Member

I have a signed Shelby jacket. My husband used to work for Shelby in Vegas.

Please take a look at my listing. I was unsure of a starting price or what to say when listing.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/180876448368?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    Any input would really be appreciated. If the price is to high or what a collector would really pay or any adjustments I can make to the ad. I have sold may Shelby items, but never anything signed. Please spread the word.

3. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Re: I have a signed Shelby jacket. My husband used to work for Shelby in Vegas.

Unfortunately Shelby has signed so many items his signature is virtually worthless to collectors.

I would make the following suggestions. Never list a starting price in your auction. You can set a reserve which is hidden.

Most likely this item is worth the price of the jacket......

4. ahil2359

ahil2359 Member

Thank you for the advise. I changed the price and set a reserve price. The jacket alone was close to $300 so I think asking for $500 is reasonable. I see people asking $4000 for stuff and I think that's ridiculous. What about a special jacket that was given only to employees and has special patches on it that you only got for working on special projects? It is a mans jacket and is also signed on the sleeve. Is that something collectors are interested in?

5. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I totally agree...asking and receiving are two different animals.

I think if you have something unique, it may add some value.

Just my opinion of course......

6. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Nice jacket...good luck with your sale.

7. ahil2359

ahil2359 Member

Thank you. I will be adding more Shelby items soon. I will be adding a GT500KR cap kit, some Shelby letters, a Shelby boost gauge, and a few other special items. Please spread the word and take a look. ebay name ahil2359

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.