Join Shelby Forums Today

My new Series 1 got hit at a light

Discussion in 'Shelby Limited Editions' started by Radius, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Radius

Radius Member

A few weeks ago my new to me Series 1 got hit at a light. Police came filed a report. Dmage was cosmetic, three scratches on the bumper. I took it to a first class restoration shop and had the bumper surface repaired and tail section repainted. I took pictures of before and after. What does this mean to the car value? Should I have eaten it instead of filing a claim. Repair was $6300.00. Insurance quoted $800 but agreed to the higher value due to the car being a collector car.

2. Flyboy1997

Flyboy1997 New Member

WOW ! Sounds like You got HIT Twice ! They just did you like us plane owners get hit, if the part was going on a plain ole car 50 bucks, but, since we are talking Airplane ( or A Shelby) let's make that same ole part 550.00!
    I just bought # 027

3. Radius

Radius Member

I survived the painting. Car looks great! I was having a problem with the car stalling. The Series 1 has a reputation for fuel pump problems. I took it to my local Cadillac dealer that replaced the fuel regulator.
    Running great now. Have two leakey shocks and a few minor dash issues. Nothing critical. I love the car!

4. Flyboy1997

Flyboy1997 New Member

How many miles on yours, just found this forum so maybe I can start learning from here. I was warned of weak clutch & making sure I warmed up the all aluminum block before hammering!
    I read the book on how he (Carrol) wasn't building a GD Viper but it reminds me a lot of my wife's Viper but it is A Sweet Ride though! Had it for about three weeks, for a little motor it sure Talks thru The Borla!
    Wendell

5. Radius

Radius Member

I have 5800, got in Jan. Keep in touch!